Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe LR 2.3 available  (Read 19171 times)

Pete Ferling

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 09:26:44 pm »

I did not upgrade to CS4 (due to issues with other apps in the suite).  Anyway, I had to backtrack to LR 2.1 because the version of RAW that installed with 2.2 broke photomerge within PS CS3.  Anyone using LR2.3 with PS CS3 seeing the same issue, or is it now working?

francois

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 07:08:44 am »

Quote from: Pete Ferling
I did not upgrade to CS4 (due to issues with other apps in the suite).  Anyway, I had to backtrack to LR 2.1 because the version of RAW that installed with 2.2 broke photomerge within PS CS3.  Anyone using LR2.3 with PS CS3 seeing the same issue, or is it now working?
I'm using Lightroom 2.3rc along with Photoshop CS3 to merge panoramas without any problem. I'm using Macs (both PPC and Intel) and my cameras are supported by the latest version of ACR (4.6).
Francois

Pete Ferling

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 11:36:07 am »

Quote from: francois
I'm using Lightroom 2.3rc along with Photoshop CS3 to merge panoramas without any problem. I'm using Macs (both PPC and Intel) and my cameras are supported by the latest version of ACR (4.6).

Thanks.  I'll try upgrading again.  -Pete

Scho

• http://photos.schophoto.com/
Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »

Quote from: DYP
So Canon corrects their print drivers so that double profiling does not happen with LR2.2 and PSCS4 on Leopard, after all the fault was placed on the printer manufacture/drivers by Adobe and Apple.

So what happens LR2.3RC is released and causes the printer drivers to again default to double profiling. Forcing ColorSync again instead of No Correction.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG HERE?

Is this a f---ing game or what?

Are the Adobe programmers just that printer/CM challenged?

If you can't get any of this right, why not just do like ID and IL and lets us make our own choices in the printer driver. We don't need printing from PS and LR "IDIOT PROOFED" when choosing Application Manages Color.

You have really shown with the release of LR2.3RC who the real idiots are when it comes to printing with Application Manages Color.

Thanks for the heads up on the 2.3 "upgrade".  I also use a Canon iPF printer and have it currently working with LR 2.2 and the latest Canon driver (1.9 for the 6100).  I was afraid that this "reversal" might happen again so I'll be sitting this one out until Adobe can get this CM issue straight.

Doyle Yoder

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 07:30:01 am »

Quote from: Scho
Thanks for the heads up on the 2.3 "upgrade".  I also use a Canon iPF printer and have it currently working with LR 2.2 and the latest Canon driver (1.9 for the 6100).  I was afraid that this "reversal" might happen again so I'll be sitting this one out until Adobe can get this CM issue straight.

You can install LR2.3RC along side 2.2 it does not overwrite 2.2. I would really like to know what happens with your setup?

Doyle

Scho

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 12:27:45 pm »

You can install LR2.3RC along side 2.2 it does not overwrite 2.2. I would really like to know what happens with your setup?

Doyle

Doyle,

I installed 2.3RC and it behaves exactly like 2.2 for printing.  I can select vendor matching and no correction under color matching.  Using custom profiles for the iPF 6100.  Running 10.5.6 on an Intel Mac.  Printer driver 1.90.  I'm encouraged and just hope nothing changes in the final release.

Carl

Doyle Yoder

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 12:35:50 pm »

Doyle,

I installed 2.3RC and it behaves exactly like 2.2 for printing.  I can select vendor matching and no correction under color matching.  Using custom profiles for the iPF 6100.  Running 10.5.6 on an Intel Mac.  Printer driver 1.90.  I'm encouraged and just hope nothing changes in the final release.

Carl

So, are you saying the Vendor Matching and ColorSync options are not grayed out?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:36:24 pm by DYP »

Scho

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 09:09:14 pm »

So, are you saying the Vendor Matching and ColorSync options are not grayed out?

Correct.  Both options are available with radio buttons active for selecting either.

Doyle Yoder

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

Correct.  Both options are available with radio buttons active for selecting either.

Is it under "Print Setting" or "Print" or both?

With a LR set to manage color (by choosing printer profile in LR) I only have them selectable under "Print Settings". Under "Print" they are grayed but default to ColorSync and under Main/Set/Matching only No Correction shows. This is with LR2.2.

With LR2.3RC, Under "Print" they are grayed but default to ColorSync and under Main/Set/Matching only ColorSync shows.

Doyle
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:20:12 pm by DYP »

Scho

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 11:25:34 pm »

Is it under "Print Setting" or "Print" or both?

With a LR set to manage color (by choosing printer profile in LR) I only have them selectable under "Print Settings". Under "Print" they are grayed but default to ColorSync and under Main/Set/Matching only No Correction shows. This is with LR2.2.

With LR2.3RC, Under "Print" they are grayed but default to ColorSync and under Main/Set/Matching only ColorSync shows.

Doyle

Yes, it is only under Print Setting that I can make these selections, so I do that, click Save (which brings up The ImagePrograf print Monitor), and then click Print One to make a print.  See screen grabs.  I'm so used to using the "print One" workaround from earlier versions that I didn't bother to check the "print" dialog, which as you have noted is screwed up again - only colorsync option is available.  In 2.2 no correction is the default.
[attachment=11582:ps.jpg]
[attachment=11583:main.jpg]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:39:52 am by Scho »

John McDermott

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 11:01:40 pm »

Does anyone have a clue when 2.3 will be released for real?
John E. McDermott

Doyle Yoder

Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 09:52:53 am »

Quote from: jemcder
Does anyone have a clue when 2.3 will be released for real?

2.3 has been released for real, and get this the issue with double profiling in 2.3RC where the printer driver was being forced to ColorSync (double profiling) has been corrected in the 2.3 release. The printing behavior is now the same as 2.2 and PSCS4.

Doyle

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 10:19:39 am »

Why would you want to even go to that area? This a Canon recommendation?

On Epson, both are grayed out, but instead of Vendor Matching it shows Epson Color Controls, grayed out but you'd never select either anyway.

Never an issue printing out of LR since the beta of 1.0 (pre public beta).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Adobe LR 2.3 available
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 10:23:36 am »

Quote from: Victoria Bampton
Are you sure that's a result of 2.3?  There were no catalog changes in 2.3.  Explain a little further?

Correct, no change in the catalog. I think he's selected "Previous Export" selected instead of "All Photographs". That would explain what he's seeing.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up