Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009 Lots Of Photography From Costa Rica  (Read 18346 times)

robertwatcher

2009 Lots Of Photography From Costa Rica
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 07:45:32 am »

Crabs popping in and out of their holes as we approached

Heron snatching up food

Beautiful Carribean scenery entering Cahuita National Park

robertwatcher

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 07:17:29 am »

DOWN TO OUR LAST FEW DAYS IN COSTA RICA - only a few more posts to endure

Men playing dominoes by the sea side

A local sitting at the base of a tree, with his bicycle resting on a fence in behind

I asked this man about his guitar - if he could play it for me - but I guess he couldn't

robertwatcher

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2009, 10:37:09 am »

A few sights as we walked through a jungle area yesterday

Kind of wild being just meters away from wild crocodiles cruising around the river edges alongside the path we walked on:

These brave birds shared the same water space and would move back a few inches as crocs swam past (Roseate Spoonbill are the pink ones - and the Black Bellied Wistling Duck):

A Pygmy King Fisher watches on from the sidelines:

robertwatcher

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2009, 10:38:15 am »

An oddity was the Boat-Billed Heron:

Male and female Red-Legged Honeycreeper  feeding on Mango Fruit (male is blue and female is green):

We came on this indescript and ratty looking Hummingbird nest hanging from a small palm tree above our heads:

robertwatcher

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 09:32:49 am »

Passing by this little woodworking shop on the main street of a coastal town - it made me think that this would be the way the I and many others probably fantasize about running their little business or practicing their trade. Wide open doors, easy pace, minimal cloths, using materials and resources that are local convenient and free, etc, etc.

I just about missed that anything was going on at this place, with the dark interior:

I went up to the door and asked if I could take a few photos of the 2 men working as they layed each piece of wood limb up against the other taking measurements manually for a perfect fit:

robertwatcher

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 09:33:50 am »

The small dark shop walls and floors were lined and filled with logs, sticks, twigs, and projects in various stages of completion:

and huge thick slices of tree trunk with incredible ring patterns, for the tops:

robertwatcher

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2009, 12:50:47 pm »

ALL DONE FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Thanks all for checking in over the last month - - - and for your feedback.

It's Homeward Bound for Anne and I now, and back to the less desirable reality of life and making a living.

ciao

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up