Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color management problems with Vista 64 and CS4-64  (Read 2359 times)

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
Color management problems with Vista 64 and CS4-64
« on: January 21, 2009, 12:34:32 pm »

I recently upgraded my computer now running VIsta 64 vs XP professional) and photoshop and noticed an interesting problem printing from either LR2 or CS4-64 to an HP B9180.  I installed the latest HP driver which is recommended for Vista 64 and I get proper color management when printing with Qimage but colors are way off when printing directly from LR2 and my system seems to hang (no print dialog box or output) when I try to print from CS4-64.  The interesting thing is that when I load CS4 (not the 64 bit version (for some reason both were installed when I installed CS4 on to this new Vista 64 machine)) I am able to print but the print seems a bit darker than the one printed from Qimage.  

One other note is that I am able to print with proper colors from LR2 (or Qimage) to my Z3100 but I have not tried to print to the Z3100 yet from CS4-64 or CS4 (32) for that matter.  I also used the latest Z3100 driver when building the new PC.

Bo Koue Callesen

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 04:04:58 pm »

Quote from: robertDthomas
I recently upgraded my computer now running VIsta 64 vs XP professional) and photoshop and noticed an interesting problem printing from either LR2 or CS4-64 to an HP B9180.  I installed the latest HP driver which is recommended for Vista 64 and I get proper color management when printing with Qimage but colors are way off when printing directly from LR2 and my system seems to hang (no print dialog box or output) when I try to print from CS4-64.  The interesting thing is that when I load CS4 (not the 64 bit version (for some reason both were installed when I installed CS4 on to this new Vista 64 machine)) I am able to print but the print seems a bit darker than the one printed from Qimage.  

One other note is that I am able to print with proper colors from LR2 (or Qimage) to my Z3100 but I have not tried to print to the Z3100 yet from CS4-64 or CS4 (32) for that matter.  I also used the latest Z3100 driver when building the new PC.

Hi,

I have been using Vista x64 and the HP B9180 with both LR2.2 x64 and CS4 x64 for some time now, and have not seen any problems with the printing. It does sound like you have double profiles in play, both the application (LR2.2 or CS4) and the printer is doing color management at the same time.

I'm using the HP driver 100_223_PS_BSIZE_B9100_DrivP_Net_WW.exe (printer driver ver. 61.73.245.0) reported by the HP toolbox.

I have manual set the default color management behavior through the Windows printer driver setup like this:

Tab 'General' - Printing Preferences...   Tab 'Color' Application Managed Colors

Tab 'Advanced' Printing Defaults... Tab 'Color' Application Managed Colors

My observation are; It's important you change in both places! (Same for selecting standard paper)

Then you are ready to print from CS4 and LR2.2.

One think I have observed is every time I have been upgrading to a new version of LR, it have been needed to do a manual refresh of each of the User Templates I have made for my various papers. By selecting the Templates one by one and then select Page Setup and then reselect the printer, close the Page setup box, then select Update with Current setting on the Template.

br,
Bo

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:39:54 pm »

Thanks for the reply Bo.  I have first checked my driver and it is 61.63.250.0 so I will see if I can find the update but possibly there is a different driver for Denmark - not sure.  But once I am certain I have the latest driver I will check your other suggestions. Thanks again.

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up