James, I don't quite understand what you mean about LR2 'only bring in the RAW file'?? I output a DNG from C1 and then import the DNG into LR2.
Let me explain it a little better.
1. Ingested with PhotoMechanic to a folder
2. Brought images into CO1 and made all adjustments
3. Process images and exported them as DNGs
4. Ingested the DNG images in LR2
5. The ingested files did not contain the CO1 edits. Each image appeared as the original raw file did when ingested into CO1.
I ingested a file in LR2, made adjustments, exported it as a DNG, brought into CO1 and DNG did not contain the LR adjustment. Again it looked like the original raw file.
Each program treats the files as raw.
Can you actually export a CO1 file as a DNG and have LR2 read the edits? I don't think it is possible.
Just tried CS4 to see if it could see the CO1 edits in a DNG file--it can't. It opens in ACR when brought into CS4, the same as a raw file.