Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eyelike + captureShop?  (Read 6907 times)

fabiofotomoto

Eyelike + captureShop?
« on: January 19, 2009, 12:19:35 pm »

Hi
from the coming of intel processor inside mac computer, i'm waiting for a new software to use the eyelike precision M22 with the new Mac machines.
There is someone who have news about? or i have to lose every hopes and pray my old G5 never crash?
thanks
FabioM

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:50:58 pm »

Hi Fabio,

I believe the development of the Eyelike software has stopped. It is meant to be replaced by eXposure, but even after asking several times I have not had an answer to when (or if) it will occur. The next version of eXposure is due out in the second week of Feb, so maybe Precision backs will be supported in that version. Existing raw files are already supported, just not tethered shooting as far as I know.

In the meantime, Eyelike Capture Pro still works on my Intel iMac and Intel Mac Book Pro, so you should have no problems. I am talking about version 4.3.5.3, not version 4.4.6 which is for the eMotion backs. That doesn't work at all on my Intel machines - it crashes as soon as it's launched. I haven't tried it on my G5 PowerMac.

Ben

fabiofotomoto

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:41:33 am »

Hi Ben
thanks for your answer, you give a Hope
i was pretty sure the capture pro doasn't run under mac intel, at this point i can try it under a PowerMac g5, waiting for the new eXposer software
thanks again
Ciao Fabio M

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:16:47 am »

Dear Fabio,

Eyelike Capture Pro 4.4.6 supports Intel Macs, and is available since April 2006.

It is not planed to have Sinar eXposure support for the Eyelike backs.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: fabiofotomoto
Hi Ben
thanks for your answer, you give a Hope
i was pretty sure the capture pro doasn't run under mac intel, at this point i can try it under a PowerMac g5, waiting for the new eXposer software
thanks again
Ciao Fabio M
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

bdp

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 04:33:39 am »

Hi Thierry,

Eyelike Capture Pro 4.4.6 crashes as soon as I launch it on both of my Intel Macs. Can I send you the crash report?

Also, what happens if a future version of OS X will not work with Eyelike Capture Pro? Will the Jenoptik/Sinar software team fix it, or will all Eyelike owners be left with unusable backs? Hopefully you won't suggest to keep using an old version of OS X.

Also, if Eyelike support is not planned for eXposure, why can old Eyelike galleries (raws) be viewed, processed and saved as DNGs through eXposure? Was Eyelike tethered support perhaps planned initially, but has now been aborted?

Ben

Quote from: thsinar
Dear Fabio,

Eyelike Capture Pro 4.4.6 supports Intel Macs, and is available since April 2006.

Best regards,
Thierry
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:37:43 am by bdp »

thsinar

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 04:37:53 am »

Dear Ben,

pls. ask our distributor to send us your crash logs, camera configuration and computer profile.

thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: bdp
Hi Thierry,

Eyelike Capture Pro 4.4.6 crashes as soon as I launch it on both of my Intel Macs. Can I send you the crash report?

Also, what happens if a future version of OS X will not work with Eyelike Capture Pro? Will the Jenoptik/Sinar software team fix it, or will all Eyelike owners be left with unusable backs? Hopefully you won't suggest to keep using an old version of OS X.

Ben
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

fabiofotomoto

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 06:10:28 am »

dear Thierry
"Eyelike Capture Pro 4.4.6 supports Intel Macs" but it is only for Emotios backs not precision, right!
so we are again at start point!
when my powerMac g5 will die , or i'm lucky to find an udes old mac or my back is ready for trash!
Fabio M

thsinar

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 06:26:44 am »

Dear Fabio,

If your G5 dies, or if you wish to upgrade your Mac, and there is no support proposed for this newer Mac with your Eyelike back, then our distributor and Sinar will find a viable solution. I suggest you to get in touch with our distributor already for this.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Edited for addendum: Fabio, I have asked our distributor to get in touch to discuss this issue with you. Let me know if you don't hear anything.

Quote from: fabiofotomoto
dear Thierry
"Eyelike Capture Pro 4.4.6 supports Intel Macs" but it is only for Emotios backs not precision, right!
so we are again at start point!
when my powerMac g5 will die , or i'm lucky to find an udes old mac or my back is ready for trash!
Fabio M
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:07:09 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

fabiofotomoto

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 04:39:22 am »

Hi
thanks for your interest, Mafer contact me and send me a commercial offer.
Fabio M.

Imaginara

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 05:20:30 am »

Eyelike CapturePro 4.3.5.3 works fine on OSX 10.5.6 on a Macbook white and im using a Precision M11 and have had much better speed and handling with it than on my old G4.  

(Ofcourse, wouldn't mind eXposure support but hey, i have a nice workflow now at least that actually works better than my tethered EOS 50D.

Roman B.

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 12:26:45 pm »

Best regards,
Thierry

Dear Thierry,

according to Sinar Germany: eXposure will support Eyelike backs!

Best regards,

Roman

bdp

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 02:18:32 pm »

Hi Roman,

For tethered shooting, or just for existing raw files? It already supports Eyelike raws ('galleries').

Ben

thsinar

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 03:23:28 am »

Dear Roman,

that must be a misunderstanding or wrong information from our distributor: eXposure will not support Eyelike backs.

However, and as mentioned by Ben in his post, raw files from Eyelike (Precision) backs can be imported and either adjusted or converted into DNG files with eXposure: that was always the case and shall remain so. What I can't say currently, is if that is the case for all previous Eyelike backs.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Roman B.
Dear Thierry,

according to Sinar Germany: eXposure will support Eyelike backs!

Best regards,

Roman
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

bdp

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 05:31:27 am »

Dear Roman,

that must be a misunderstanding or wrong information from our distributor: eXposure will not support Eyelike backs.

However, and as mentioned by Ben in his post, raw files from Eyelike (Precision) backs can be imported and either adjusted or converted into DNG files with eXposure: that was always the case and shall remain so. What I can't say currently, is if that is the case for all previous Eyelike backs.

Best regards,
Thierry

That really is a bummer. It is very frustrating that support for older equipment will not continue considering the high price we paid for it. The Eyelike software is very limited compared to eXposure, but the Precision backs themselves are excellent pieces of equipment, the M22 producing 88 megapixel files in 16 shot mode with less noise than the (newer) eMotion 75! Considering Sinar is owned by Jenoptik it would be nice if support of Eyelike backs would continue from Jenoptik though the Sinar software, by writing in the ability to fully use the discontinued Jenoptik firewire backs. Particularly considering they went to the effort of making eXposure be able to recognise Eyelike files - surely it is only a small step away to have tethered shooting ability? The knowledge is already there because Jenoptik designed and built the backs and wrote the Eyelike software.

I am also annoyed that because my Contax is a non-current camera, the likelyhood of a firmware upgrade to fix a problem with shooting from the computer after the camera and/or back has gone into sleep mode is also extremely unlikely. However this may be a software problem with eXposure so I shall wait to see if 6.1 fixes it, but it seems like a firmware problem to me. If a camera is supported, and an adapter built for it, no matter how few are sold each year, then the equipment should work 100% in my opinion. It all costs a lot of money and things should work when you pay this much.

I'm sorry for the rant Thierry. I suppose this is just the harsh reality of obsolescence and a good argument to clients when they ask why we charge so much for our digital equipment fee. We have to keep upgrading if we want support from the makers of our equipment.

Ben
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:32:07 am by bdp »

thsinar

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 06:11:36 am »

Dear Ben,

No problem, I can understand your reaction. I don't take it personally and have forwarded your comments about the Eyelike support.

Concerning the Contax issue: I know that your issue is currently dealt with to address the problem.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: bdp
That really is a bummer. It is very frustrating that support for older equipment will not continue considering the high price we paid for it. The Eyelike software is very limited compared to eXposure, but the Precision backs themselves are excellent pieces of equipment, the M22 producing 88 megapixel files in 16 shot mode with less noise than the (newer) eMotion 75! Considering Sinar is owned by Jenoptik it would be nice if support of Eyelike backs would continue from Jenoptik though the Sinar software, by writing in the ability to fully use the discontinued Jenoptik firewire backs. Particularly considering they went to the effort of making eXposure be able to recognise Eyelike files - surely it is only a small step away to have tethered shooting ability? The knowledge is already there because Jenoptik designed and built the backs and wrote the Eyelike software.

I am also annoyed that because my Contax is a non-current camera, the likelyhood of a firmware upgrade to fix a problem with shooting from the computer after the camera and/or back has gone into sleep mode is also extremely unlikely. However this may be a software problem with eXposure so I shall wait to see if 6.1 fixes it, but it seems like a firmware problem to me. If a camera is supported, and an adapter built for it, no matter how few are sold each year, then the equipment should work 100% in my opinion. It all costs a lot of money and things should work when you pay this much.

I'm sorry for the rant Thierry. I suppose this is just the harsh reality of obsolescence and a good argument to clients when they ask why we charge so much for our digital equipment fee. We have to keep upgrading if we want support from the makers of our equipment.

Ben
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

yongfei

Eyelike + captureShop?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 11:52:32 pm »

I used to have some installation/openning crashs after installing the Eyelike CCD profile CD, it poped up a message about the user previledge error.  The Sinar tech support said that's because there are two files that need to be copied to a file directory. So I fixed the problem by sign in as Root (super admin account). Now it works fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up