Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hp paper  (Read 2330 times)

pulley

hp paper
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:34:33 am »

I have a z2100 and am looking for a reasonably priced satin / lustre paper that I will be using for posters. I see HP has a line of "everyday" gloss and satin papers. Has anyone used the satin? Any reviews?

howardm

hp paper
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:54:07 am »

also look into RedRiver and/or inkjetart micro-ceramic papers

petermarrek

hp paper
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 02:38:20 pm »

HP Premium Instant Dry Satin works really well for my poster prints. Nice Gamut, colour is good, soft sheen, easy to handle without leaving marks. I usually cold-moun  t onto 3/8 MDF, and the price is good. Peter

pulley

hp paper
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 02:44:35 pm »

Quote from: petermarrek
HP Premium Instant Dry Satin works really well for my poster prints. Nice Gamut, colour is good, soft sheen, easy to handle without leaving marks. I usually cold-moun  t onto 3/8 MDF, and the price is good. Peter

What type of adhesive do you use? 3m 77?

howardm

hp paper
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 03:39:53 pm »

the RedRiver satin is very nice and less specular than the Lustre types.  The Artic is quite bright white vs. their cheaper satin or the warmtone Polar Satin.

the inkjetart uCeramic is much less $$$ but I've never tried it.

scubastu

• www.final-frame.com
hp paper
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 04:13:40 pm »

I believe the HP Everyday Paper has replaced the HP ID Satin.  I have printed on both and the Everyday Paper pretty much looks identical to ID Satin.  Nice colour from my Z3100

S.

EvoM

hp paper
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:53:07 pm »

Quote from: scubastu
I believe the HP Everyday Paper has replaced the HP ID Satin.  I have printed on both and the Everyday Paper pretty much looks identical to ID Satin.  Nice colour from my Z3100

S.
Yes it is similar but is thinner and the gamut isn't as big I think....price is great though if you can live with the things I mentioned.
I do wish HP didn't watermark their papers!

Richard Galosy

hp paper
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 12:26:05 pm »

Quote from: pulley
I have a z2100 and am looking for a reasonably priced satin / lustre paper that I will be using for posters. I see HP has a line of "everyday" gloss and satin papers. Has anyone used the satin? Any reviews?

I use Kodak Premium Rapid Dry Lustre & gloss with my Z3100 with excellant results. The paper is heavier than HP's version so doesn't crease as easily. Cost is reasonable from IT Supplies.

Richard
Richard Galosy
Richard Galosy Photography
Woodland, CA 95695
517-719-1913
rgalosyphoto@aol.com
richardgalosy.com

pulley

hp paper
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 12:56:08 pm »

Thanks to all that replied. I'm going to order the Hp satin and will eventually try the other paper suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up