Looks like we have another real world test for Michael to do
A900 v D3X v 5d MkII dynamic range..
For such a test to be really interesting:
- It would have to include a 22MP and 39MP MFDB digital back also, let's say a P25+ and P45+,
- It would have to be based on using a best in class lens for each mount (let's say a Zeiss ZF 100mm f2.0 or 60mm macro lens on FX bodies) at f5.6 - f8
- It would have to focus on ISO100 (or the best ISO for each camera),
- It would have to be based on conversions from C1, at least for the D3x and Phase backs, both with optimal capture sharpening (I can provide the best settings for the D3x at least),
- It would have to be made from the top of a sturdy tripod with MLU and cable release,
- It would have to use Live view for accurate focusing.
Based on what I have seen so far, I expect the result to be P45+ > D3x = P25+ > A900 > 5DII
The draw between the D3x and P25+ being based on:
- similar micro detail at any print size (A1 would be a good test size) even if the P25+ still shows a tiny bit more micro detail when viewed at 100% on screen
- Slightly more DR for the P25+
- A lot less artifacts for the D3x