Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspension Bridge  (Read 9192 times)

wolfnowl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5821
    • M&M's Musings
Suspension Bridge
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:54:02 AM »

Ever wonder what a six-month exposure time might yield?  One answer here...

Mike.
Logged
If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings

kikashi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5375
Suspension Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:53:44 AM »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Ever wonder what a six-month exposure time might yield?  One answer here...

Mike.
I'd never realised there was so much sun to be had a mere 150 miles south of where I live!

Jeremy
Logged

lensfactory

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 79
Suspension Bridge
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »

Seem to yield a pretty crappy looking image!
Logged

jani

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1620
    • yet
Suspension Bridge
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 04:41:08 PM »

Quote from: lensfactory
Seem to yield a pretty crappy looking image!
Okay, now you can put your camera on bulb exposure for six months and we'll see how good your image turns out to be.
Logged
Jan

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11080
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Suspension Bridge
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »

Quote from: jani
Okay, now you can put your camera on bulb exposure for six months and we'll see how good your image turns out to be.
OK now. I wonder which camera I'd be willing to dedicate to a single six-month exposure. Hmmm. Maybe the Speed Graphic? Nope; sold it years ago. The Kodak Retina 3C? Nope: sold that one, too. Well how about the...
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my photo website. New images each season. Also visit my new website: http://ericneedsakidney.org

BlasR

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 760
    • http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
Suspension Bridge
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 10:16:28 AM »

Quote from: EricM
OK now. I wonder which camera I'd be willing to dedicate to a single six-month exposure. Hmmm. Maybe the Speed Graphic? Nope; sold it years ago. The Kodak Retina 3C? Nope: sold that one, too. Well how about the...


Eric,

Get your new canon 5dII,  you can trust me, in set it up, in my back yard  

I promess, I only going to used it, for 5 3/4 months  

BlasR

Petrjay

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 104
Suspension Bridge
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 01:22:17 PM »

If I start now, I'll be about 75 years old by the time I build a portfolio of 6-month exposures. Of course, that's without considering the stuff that goes onto the reject pile. Guess I'd better start working on reducing my failure rate if I want to attempt a project like this one.

Peter J
Logged

jani

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1620
    • yet
Suspension Bridge
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »

Quote from: Petrjay
If I start now, I'll be about 75 years old by the time I build a portfolio of 6-month exposures. Of course, that's without considering the stuff that goes onto the reject pile. Guess I'd better start working on reducing my failure rate if I want to attempt a project like this one
Here is where it pays to be a computer nerd; you then instantly think of multi-processing.

Take several -- e.g. 10 -- 6-month exposures in parallel, then pipeline new exposures every week for 26 weeks.

With merely 260 cameras, you can then have a 260 picture set to select your portfolio from, and all in just a year!
Logged
Jan

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11080
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Suspension Bridge
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 03:19:42 PM »

Quote from: jani
Here is where it pays to be a computer nerd; you then instantly think of multi-processing.

Take several -- e.g. 10 -- 6-month exposures in parallel, then pipeline new exposures every week for 26 weeks.

With merely 260 cameras, you can then have a 260 picture set to select your portfolio from, and all in just a year!
I would need 261 cameras, so i can leave one in Blas's back yard.    

So, Blas: will you give me 261 new 5D mk 2s so i can put one in your back yard?
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my photo website. New images each season. Also visit my new website: http://ericneedsakidney.org

bill t.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2979
    • http://www.unit16.net
Suspension Bridge
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 12:38:48 AM »

Quote from: jani
With merely 260 cameras, you can then have a 260 picture set to select your portfolio from, and all in just a year!
The guy is using beer cans or something.  Emptying 260 beer cans is going to take a LOT of serious preparation!  
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up