Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad cf lens problem (stuck shutter?)  (Read 5444 times)

hendrikm

Hasselblad cf lens problem (stuck shutter?)
« on: January 14, 2009, 04:31:53 am »

Hi there,

we were shooting with a 501cxi and a 120mm cf lens, when the P45 suddenly made a "sync error". We could solve the issue by using another lens, but with the 120 the problem still occurs:

Description:

I can look through the viewfinder (means aperture + shutter is open), but if I take an one second exposure, the shutter in the camera body opens, but the lens shutter or aperture stays shut.
Any tipps how to solve it besides sending the lens to Hasselblad for repair?

Thanks, Hendrik

Carsten W

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 05:52:10 am »

Quote from: hendrikm
Hi there,

we were shooting with a 501cxi and a 120mm cf lens, when the P45 suddenly made a "sync error". We could solve the issue by using another lens, but with the 120 the problem still occurs:

Description:

I can look through the viewfinder (means aperture + shutter is open), but if I take an one second exposure, the shutter in the camera body opens, but the lens shutter or aperture stays shut.
Any tipps how to solve it besides sending the lens to Hasselblad for repair?

Thanks, Hendrik

Can the lens shoot without the digital back? If not, you might also try to ask on the hasselbladinfo.com forums.
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

hendrikm

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 06:28:13 am »

Quote from: carstenw
Can the lens shoot without the digital back? If not, you might also try to ask on the hasselbladinfo.com forums.

Well, you can shoot it, but the aperture or lens shutter don´t open. So it is definitely a lens problem, not a back problem

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:00:41 am »

Quote from: hendrikm
Well, you can shoot it, but the aperture or lens shutter don´t open. So it is definitely a lens problem, not a back problem

If the shutter in the lens does not open when firing the camera it is the main spring that needs replacing.
Your lens will need to visit a service center for repair. While your servicing the lens also have the technician check the synch contact to ensure a clean signal. At Hasselblad USA they use an oscilloscope  to check open/close signal from synch.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up