Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP for Canon ipf8100  (Read 3497 times)

Tom Roberts

RIP for Canon ipf8100
« on: January 13, 2009, 05:19:23 pm »

I was previously spoiled with my combination Epson 9800 and Imageprint RIP. For a number of reasons, I switched to the Canon ipf8100, but Imageprint is currently not supporting the Canon.

Anyone out there with experience with the Canon and recommendation on a RIP?

Thanks for any input.

Scott Martin

• Onsight
RIP for Canon ipf8100
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 08:00:52 pm »

What is it that you want to do with a RIP? Layout, nesting, packaging, tiling...? What did you like about IP that you are now missing? If "layout" or "picture packaging" is the answer, could Lightroom be a better solution?
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

Tom Roberts

RIP for Canon ipf8100
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 08:45:48 pm »

Quote from: Onsight
What is it that you want to do with a RIP? Layout, nesting, packaging, tiling...? What did you like about IP that you are now missing? If "layout" or "picture packaging" is the answer, could Lightroom be a better solution?

1) It's ability to resize without degredation
2) It's perfect handling of color profiles - giving accurate and well saturated prints.

I do not use the RIP for it's tiling, or many other layout features. Just looking for improved output due to better handling of the print process.

jpegman

RIP for Canon ipf8100
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 09:09:01 pm »

Quote from: Tom Roberts
2) It's perfect handling of color profiles - giving accurate and well saturated prints.

I do not use the RIP for it's tiling, or many other layout features. Just looking for improved output due to better handling of the print process.

Sounds like Qimage will do everything you want to do and more.

Jpegman

Scott Martin

• Onsight
RIP for Canon ipf8100
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:13:03 am »

Quote from: Tom Roberts
The iPF Photoshop plug-in does both providing interpolation method, sharpening, and icc color management that's superior to IP.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
RIP for Canon ipf8100
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 12:30:53 pm »

Quote from: Onsight
The iPF Photoshop plug-in does both providing interpolation method, sharpening, and icc color management that's superior to IP.

I second this reply. I've been using the 8100 with custom profiles through the PS plug-in and I definitely prefer it to my Epson 9800 and ImagePrint....AND, it never clogs!
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi
Pages: [1]   Go Up