Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Photosmart Pro B8850  (Read 1430 times)

davidseb

HP Photosmart Pro B8850
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:15:01 pm »

Up to this point in time, I have been totally a wet darkroom silver gelatin photographer. I have recently started looking at digital as an adjunct to my style of working. I have an Epson Scanner ( Perfection V700 Photo ) and have started using Lightroom 2. My primary camera is a 4x5 and I only shoot black and white. I also have a Cannon Rebel XSi 450D. I am very impressed with what I can do digitally with Lightroom and like the option of either printing digitally or in the darkroom. I have been scanning my 4x5 negatives and developing the print digitally and am quite impressed with what can be done, but am unable as yet to print any to really assess the quality. I do not expect to make large prints and there will be long gaps between printing sessions. I have read a review of the HP Photosmart Pro B8850 and I particularly like the fact that it automatically checks and clears clogged nozzles and used only a miniscule amount of ink to do it. ( The price is also right! )
Has anyone any experience with this printer? Would anyone recommend it for my particular needs and is there another printer that I should be looking at?

DarkPenguin

HP Photosmart Pro B8850
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:28:52 pm »

Is the B8850 the newer and cost reduced version of the B9180?

If so try this group....

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hp9100Series/

davidseb

HP Photosmart Pro B8850
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:20:07 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Is the B8850 the newer and cost reduced version of the B9180?

If so try this group....

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hp9100Series/

Thanks for your advice. I have joined the group and waiting for a response. I do not know if the B8850 is aversion of the B9180, but I will investigate
Pages: [1]   Go Up