Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brightness on Monitor too high after reinstall XP & calibration with eye-one display2  (Read 3334 times)

slaveng

Recently I re-formated my PC system drives and reinstalled my Windows XP Pro after 4 years of use. All the time have had my monitor calibrated properly with Eye-One Display2 (at least that's what I think) and all worked well.
Never had any trouble. Anywayz after XP reinstallation when I try to calibrate the Monitor (CRT) again the brightness seems to me too high as I know my pictures quite well. Brightness is now around 72%-78% which I believe is too high and all of my photographs now have washed out blacks.

This is the system that I'm running
Monitor : Lacie Electron Blue 22 IV (CRT)
comp running on: Windows XP pro
Graphic Card : Nvidia GeForce 6600
Calibration dev: Eye-One Display2
Calibr prog : Eye one match 3.6

I did check and there is no Adobe Gamma installed now on my system (also checked in System Config Utility and its not there).
M getting The same results in Photoshop and in ACDSee Picture viewer.
I installed the latest NVidia drivers from their site.
So as you can see just cant figure out what the problem might be .Have been strugling with this for 10 days now and it's driving me nuts . Anybody with the similar problem or solution ???

Many thanks !

slaven

Damo77

• http://www.bellephotography.net.au/

Hi Slaven, what targets are you calibrating to?
Damien

slaveng

Quote from: Damo77
Hi Slaven, what targets are you calibrating to?

These are the targets
100cdm2  for CRT gamma 2.2   and  6500K

Thanks !

Damo77

• http://www.bellephotography.net.au/

I'm not familiar with your monitor, but I assume it has individual Bias and Gain controls, as well as Contrast and Brightness?
Damien

slaveng

Quote from: Damo77
I'm not familiar with your monitor, but I assume it has individual Bias and Gain controls, as well as Contrast and Brightness?

Yes it does all that .
Pages: [1]   Go Up