Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100: Refuses to calibrate paper  (Read 2415 times)

walter.sk

Z3100: Refuses to calibrate paper
« on: January 10, 2009, 09:48:58 pm »

I had to replace a couple of cartridges today.  After that when I went to print I got the message at the bottom of the printer driver that the calibration for the paper was obsolete.  No problem--as I have done many times over the past14 months I loaded the HP-APS software and told the printer to calibrate.  It printed the target, paused, and then cut the paper!  The LCD on the printer said Calibration Canceled.  So I went into the printer menus and found the command to calibrate from the printer menu.  Again, the target printed, I could swear I heard a snide chuckle from the printer, and it cut the paper and canceled calibration!

Has anybody run into this problem?

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 10:00:01 pm »

Quote from: walter.sk
I had to replace a couple of cartridges today.  After that when I went to print I got the message at the bottom of the printer driver that the calibration for the paper was obsolete.  No problem--as I have done many times over the past14 months I loaded the HP-APS software and told the printer to calibrate.  It printed the target, paused, and then cut the paper!  The LCD on the printer said Calibration Canceled.  So I went into the printer menus and found the command to calibrate from the printer menu.  Again, the target printed, I could swear I heard a snide chuckle from the printer, and it cut the paper and canceled calibration!

Has anybody run into this problem?

Whew!  I just rebooted the printer and was able to calibrate the color.  I wonder what got corrupted?  I hope I don't have to do this as often as I find myself trashing the CS4 Preferences file!

Thomas Krüger

• http://thomaskrueger.eu
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 03:20:23 am »

Through the web server of the Z3100 you can have a look at the service plot of the printer if your Z3100 is attached on the network. There is a table with "Event logs - System Errors / System Warnings / Printhead Error Log":
http://192.168.x.xxx/hp/device/webAccess/servicePlot1a.htm

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 11:35:32 am »

Quote from: walter.sk
Whew!  I just rebooted the printer and was able to calibrate the color.  I wonder what got corrupted?  I hope I don't have to do this as often as I find myself trashing the CS4 Preferences file!

Thanks.  I'll check it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up