Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2690WUxi and Spectraview  (Read 5198 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
NEC 2690WUxi and Spectraview
« on: January 10, 2009, 10:26:15 am »

I have this monitor, and have read on this forum that it offers superior calibration using the SpectraView software, permitting the monitor's LUT to be adjusted as opposed to the video card LUT. Does this work on all 2690WUxi monitors or only those with the -BK suffix to the model number?

Thanks,

Peter

PeterAit

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 10:39:07 am »

Quote from: PeterAit
I have this monitor, and have read on this forum that it offers superior calibration using the SpectraView software, permitting the monitor's LUT to be adjusted as opposed to the video card LUT. Does this work on all 2690WUxi monitors or only those with the -BK suffix to the model number?

Thanks,

Peter

After poking around the NEC website, I found the answer to my question - you do need the 2690WUxi-BK to use Spectraview.

Rats!

Peter

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:42:00 pm »

After poking around the NEC website, I found the answer to my question - you do need the 2690WUxi-BK to use Spectraview.

Rats!

Peter
As far as I know, the BK indicates that the cabinet/bezel of the monitor is black, and no more.  Unless your 2690 was bought in some European countries, the SpectraViewII (and later) software will address the hardware LUT in the display.

PeterAit

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 12:54:00 pm »

Quote from: walter.sk
As far as I know, the BK indicates that the cabinet/bezel of the monitor is black, and no more.  Unless your 2690 was bought in some European countries, the SpectraViewII (and later) software will address the hardware LUT in the display.

Thanks for reply - but where can I get the SV-II kit? I have found it listed at many places but always out of stock.

Peter

walter.sk

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 05:06:29 pm »

Thanks for reply - but where can I get the SV-II kit? I have found it listed at many places but always out of stock.

Peter
Try here:

NEC accessories
Pages: [1]   Go Up