Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stitching with & 645 adapter plate on RZ67proIID?  (Read 2194 times)

windhorse

stitching with & 645 adapter plate on RZ67proIID?
« on: January 08, 2009, 07:29:13 am »

One of the main problems with shooting a 645AFD DB mounted on a RZ67 proIID seems to be the big crop factor (1.5 that if I understand right would convert a 50mm RZ67 lens into the 35mm equivelent of about a 35mm lens, correct?). It would be great if this could be overcome by revolving the back and moving the adapter plate to stitch two "portrait" images together to make a panorama (6x9cm?). Is this doable?

Main obstacle as far as I can see could be the design of the Mamiya hx701 RZ67 to 645DB adapter plate? Is it moveable or are you stuck with the image fixed squarely (or oblong-ly) in the center of the frame? Looks like not possible due to placement of the electronic connections (if nothing else). What about using a more primitive plate on an older RZ67 camera with cables?

If not then I guess no way stitching would be possible by moving the back.

Could  a panorama adapter (expensive?) or some other fiddling around with the front end (ie lens and mount) be an alternative to enable stitching?

Or perhaps better just to buy a cheap 645AFD body...

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:48:18 am »

Quote from: windhorse
One of the main problems with shooting a 645AFD DB mounted on a RZ67 proIID seems to be the big crop factor (1.5 that if I understand right would convert a 50mm RZ67 lens into the 35mm equivelent of about a 35mm lens, correct?). It would be great if this could be overcome by revolving the back and moving the adapter plate to stitch two "portrait" images together to make a panorama (6x9cm?). Is this doable?

Main obstacle as far as I can see could be the design of the Mamiya hx701 RZ67 to 645DB adapter plate? Is it moveable or are you stuck with the image fixed squarely (or oblong-ly) in the center of the frame? Looks like not possible due to placement of the electronic connections (if nothing else). What about using a more primitive plate on an older RZ67 camera with cables?

If not then I guess no way stitching would be possible by moving the back.

Could  a panorama adapter (expensive?) or some other fiddling around with the front end (ie lens and mount) be an alternative to enable stitching?

Or perhaps better just to buy a cheap 645AFD body...

Currently there are no RZ sliding back adapters that I am aware of.  I shoot with an RZ Pro II and hope one day that one day the sensors will be up to the 6x7 size.  In the mean time a 645 AFD body w/ lens is only about $800-$900.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National  Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell  

windhorse

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:35:01 am »

Chris

If 645 AFD is so cheap why do you shoot with an RZ Pro II?

What adapter plate do you use with the Pro II? Is it the Mamiya HX701 that I thought only works on the Pro IID or is there an alternative (more affordable) adapter plate option for mounting a 645MFDB on an RZ Pro II (or any other 67 system)

How does shooting with a MFDB on the RZ Pro II compare with the Pro IID?

Hope not too many questions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up