Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Raw/Mac/Rosetta  (Read 5304 times)

Gary Ferguson

• http://
Camera Raw/Mac/Rosetta
« on: January 06, 2009, 01:29:31 pm »

I use Mac OS X 10.4.11. I run Photoshop CS3 in Rosetta, basically because that was the only way I could install Nik Sharpener Pro 2. Ever since then I've been unable to update CS3 and Camera Raw, I didn't really bother about it, because it did everything I wanted it to do! But I now need to update Camera Raw because I've just gpt a Canon 5D MkII.

Anyone any idea how to stop running in Rosetta and revert back to normal?

Many thanks!

francois

Camera Raw/Mac/Rosetta
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 01:33:36 pm »

Quote from: Gary Ferguson
I use Mac OS X 10.4.11. I run Photoshop CS3 in Rosetta, basically because that was the only way I could install Nik Sharpener Pro 2. Ever since then I've been unable to update CS3 and Camera Raw, I didn't really bother about it, because it did everything I wanted it to do! But I now need to update Camera Raw because I've just gpt a Canon 5D MkII.

Anyone any idea how to stop running in Rosetta and revert back to normal?

Many thanks!
Select Photoshop icon and press CMD + i. A get info window will be displayed. There you should find a checkbox that say something like "open in Rosetta".

As for your issue with your new 5D Mark II, you can always download the latest version of DNG Converter and convert your RAW files.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:35:32 pm by francois »
Francois

francois

Camera Raw/Mac/Rosetta
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 01:48:36 pm »

See this screenshot (Get Info window with Rosetta checkbox):

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:49:23 pm by francois »
Francois

Eyeball

Camera Raw/Mac/Rosetta
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 02:18:49 pm »

Just to clarify in case you missed Francois's reference:  ACR v4.6 was the last and final update available for CS3 and it does not have native support for the 5DmkII.  If you want native ACR support for your new camera you will need to upgrade to CS4.  Your alternative is to use the DNG converter as Francois suggested.

Gary Ferguson

• http://
Camera Raw/Mac/Rosetta
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 03:37:55 pm »

Thanks for your replies. I followed Francois' directions and successfully got out of Rosetta, but it looks like I'll have to follow Eyeball's advice and upgrade to CS4. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up