Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speculative Hassy Question  (Read 1958 times)

jvora

Speculative Hassy Question
« on: January 06, 2009, 10:24:00 am »

Hassy a year or two ago stated that the 36mm x 48mm format was the new MF Standard, ( If I am not mistaken ).

PhaseOne is offering a 60MP back that is more in tune with what was the 6x4.5 format one had when using film ( i.e. 41.5mm x 55mm ) - It also seems that at present, PhaseOne has an exclusive contract for this format with the manufacturer. Thus in the future, will Hassy provide the "true" 6x4.5 format ?

Also, will the Hassy 28mm lens cover a true 6x4.5 format ? What about the 35mm lens ?

I realize its a speculative question, but wish to get a feel what everyone thinks.

Again, if Hassy did not make the bold statement at one of the shows that their less than 6x4.5 format was the new MF, I would feel that they would provide the true 6x4.5, but its their statement that has me asking this question.

Thanks,

Jai

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 10:51:22 am »

Jai,

Read some threads back. Last year Hasselblad came back on that statement (37x49 being FF MF) and announced their almost full frame 645 60MP camera. Your question about the 28 (but also the new HCD 35-90 zoom) has also been answered. Yes, it works on the new larger format sensor but it will be cropped somewhat. Unclear yet whether you can turn that cropping off so you can use the vignetting and the bad corners creatively.

No speculation at all about this.

BJNY

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 10:56:08 am »

Guillermo

jvora

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:14:26 am »

BJNY and Duswtbak :

Thanks for the link and info - Heading there !

Jai

Quote from: BJNY
Here's the thread:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=28151
Pages: [1]   Go Up