Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemühle and other papers in the UK  (Read 2226 times)

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
Hahnemühle and other papers in the UK
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:36:10 am »

I'm trying to find a dealer in the UK who sells Hahnemühle, Moab and others. I'm also looking for some competitive pricing. I travel back and forth to North America a few times throughout the year but would like to have a more local supplier.

thanks
r

paperman

• http://www.on-linepaper.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 12:12:42 pm »

Quote from: rcdurston
I'm trying to find a dealer in the UK who sells Hahnemühle, Moab and others. I'm also looking for some competitive pricing. I travel back and forth to North America a few times throughout the year but would like to have a more local supplier.

thanks
r

try www.on-linepaper.co.uk they are a major stockist in UK of Hahnmuhle papers offerring next day delivery in UK and fast deliveries all across Europe. They do not stock Moab but do do several other brands. Good luck etc. with the pound as it is there may be some real bargains to be had.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 03:10:19 pm »

thanks
r
Try morco. I bought some GFS from them last year, rather more cheaply than I could find it anywhere else (even ignoring an additional 10-sheet box for every 50-sheet box I bought). They were very pleasant on the phone and the stuff arrived, well-packaged, promptly.

Their web site is truly vile, but the service was excellent.

Jeremy

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 03:27:52 pm »

Quote from: kikashi
Try morco. I bought some GFS from them last year, rather more cheaply than I could find it anywhere else (even ignoring an additional 10-sheet box for every 50-sheet box I bought). They were very pleasant on the phone and the stuff arrived, well-packaged, promptly.

Their web site is truly vile, but the service was excellent.

Jeremy
What do you think of it, the GFS. I tried some of the Hahnemühle stuff and found it scratched way too easy.

thanks for the dealers
r

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 05:05:29 pm »

What do you think of it, the GFS. I tried some of the Hahnemühle stuff and found it scratched way too easy.

thanks for the dealers
r
I like it a lot, but my experience of other fairly high-end papers is minimal. It seems to me to be a pretty good compromise between quality and price. Epson Traditional (I think that's what the Exhibition stuff is called in England) is eye-wateringly expensive: ten quid a sheet for A2!

I don't find GFS scratches particularly easily - you can certainly manage to score the surface with minimal effort, but a modicum of care seems to suffice. It feels lovely - heavy and substantial - and I'm fond of the finish. I certainly far prefer it to Epson Premium Lustre, which was my previous paper of choice - I think it's much easier to look at. Behind glass, on the other hand, most of the differences fade away.

Jeremy

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 06:52:57 am »

Quote from: kikashi
I like it a lot, but my experience of other fairly high-end papers is minimal. It seems to me to be a pretty good compromise between quality and price. Epson Traditional (I think that's what the Exhibition stuff is called in England) is eye-wateringly expensive: ten quid a sheet for A2!
I can only second that... I've done a very limited testing so far of both Ilford Gold Silk and Epson Traditional aka Exhibition, but couldn't find that much difference, apart from the Epson being noticeably cooler (or the Ilford warmer, as you like   ).

Many thanks for the morco tip btw - it seems they're really cheaper than elsewhere in Europe for the Ilford!
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up