Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon D60 Camera-to-Computer Interface  (Read 2484 times)

jdlevy

Canon D60 Camera-to-Computer Interface
« on: August 04, 2003, 07:36:10 pm »

Mike,

As an alternative, may I suggest spending less money (I suspect) on a flash card reader and just connect it to your computer. Less hassle for me, anyway.

David
David
 My

Ray

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 07:44:16 pm »

I picked up a spare cable for my D60 recently. I was surprised how relatively cheap it was (about US$18 equivalent). It might be faster using a card reader, but I figure the less often my 1GB microdrive is removed from the camera, the better. One hears stories of these microdrives giving trouble. Continual removal and insertion is not going to help.

shamrock838

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 04:31:30 pm »

Greetings,

I misplaced the camera-to-computer connection cable that came with my EOS D60 camera.

How can I obtain a replacement cable? ... and what is it actually called?

Thanks.

M i k e

BTW ... would such a cable for the Canon Pro90 digital camera work with the D60?

Tom Darnall

• Tom Darnall Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 11:39:10 pm »

You're in luck.  I have one that I bought as a spare for my D60, and have since sold the camera.  The Canon part number is IFC-200PCU.  

If you want one after you read my recommendation below, let me know via e-mail, and I'll make you a decent deal.  The one I have hasn't been used.  I'm not sure what the price is if you purchase a new one from a dealer; you could do some research on this and let me know.

That said, I must tell you I agree 100% with the first replier.  And, if you buy a card reader, my $.02 is that you should spend the extra $$ on one that has USB 2.0 or Firewire, vs. the cheaper USB 1.1 models.  (Of course, make sure your PC or Mac will support one of these faster interfaces.)  With either, you'll get much faster image-transfer rates than you can get with direct cabling to the camera.  I know a Lexar Firewire reader can be had for around $40.  Any good camera or computer store has them.  There are lots of good brands out there.

FYI, I never use the USB direct-connect cables that come with my digicams anymore.  They stay in the box with the Spanish manuals.  <g>

d2frette

• http://
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 11:02:59 am »

Perhaps Mike is using image capture software?
David M. Frette.  
Programming, Photo
Pages: [1]   Go Up