Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon service...  (Read 1197 times)

dwood

Canon service...
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:52:09 pm »

I currently own an IPF-5100, and have been happy with the performance of this printer. In the last couple of days, I had experienced an ink tank error related to the 'green' tank. I would reset the tank, close the lid and all would seemingly be well...for awhile. Today, I ran a print job and the error came back. This time, however, no amount of tank re-seating or power cycling corrected the problem.

I went to the Canon wiki site, did a search on tank errors and lo and behold, there was information on the probable cause. Next step was to call Canon service. I connected with someone in support (Max) and after listening to the symptoms, he acknowledged that on occasion, the chip on the side of the tank that reads ink levels can go south. Without hesitation, he got my shipping address and said that a new (full) tank would be headed my way tomorrow and that I could expect to see it the following day. No charge. Okay, I'm impressed. Sure, I wish the problem didn't occur but this is plain, good old fashioned service and worth noting to folks here, I think.

So, here's to the Canon wiki for providing a wealth of information on these printers and to Canon (thanks Max) for taking care of your customers.

Carry on.

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Canon service...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »

The ink cartridge chip failure and the fantastic service are both quite common. Cheers to the great support at least.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up