Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2690 wuxi2-bk & SV-II  (Read 6293 times)

Jeff L

NEC 2690 wuxi2-bk & SV-II
« on: January 05, 2009, 03:22:07 pm »

Hello All. I am seriously considering getting the NEC2690wuxi2-bk (when available) and Spectraview 2 software and calibration tool. I understand that the NEC has had some pretty good reviews but I'm not sure about the software and tool. There is some money savings if you buy the whole package, but if the SV-2 software and calibration tool are less than desirable, I will consider other options. Your opinions will be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:30:25 pm by Jeff L »
Jeff L

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:12:59 pm »

Quote from: Jeff L
Hello All. I am seriously considering getting the NEC2690wuxi2-bk (when available) and Spectraview 2 software and calibration tool. I understand that the NEC has had some pretty good reviews but I'm not sure about the software and tool. There is some money savings if you buy the whole package, but if the SV-2 software and calibration tool are less than desirable, I will consider other options. Your opinions will be much appreciated.
The SV-2 software can access the monitor's hardware and lookup tables, and does a better job of profiling and callibration, along with the iOne Display 2, than other solutions that simply adjust the video card's lookup tables.

Jeff L

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:58:36 pm »

Thanks Walter. I assume that the iOne Display 2 is the one that NEC includes in their calibration package??
thanks again.
Jeff L

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 06:39:25 pm »

Quote from: Jeff L
Thanks Walter. I assume that the iOne Display 2 is the one that NEC includes in their calibration package??
thanks again.
Yes it is.  I also read somewhare that an update of the SpectraView software will be included, as well.

mattpeyton

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 11:31:56 am »

anyone have one of the 2690wuxi2 monitors?   Has anyone actually seen one in person, live, held one in their hand?  Can I buy one today?

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 02:03:14 pm »

Quote from: mattpeyton
anyone have one of the 2690wuxi2 monitors?   Has anyone actually seen one in person, live, held one in their hand?  Can I buy one today?

I have a 2690wuxi and have used it for several months now. It is superb, and the calibration software is straightforward and easy to use. I'm not sure what refinements have been made with the "2", but I like the model I'm working with. I came of of a Sony Artisan to this, and the NEC is much easier on my eyes. I highly recommend it.
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum

James R

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 01:16:18 pm »

Quote from: John Schweikert
Straight from NEC, read this thread:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....st&p=246303

I gave up trying to find one and went with a Eizo CE240W.
Pages: [1]   Go Up