Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One Capture One 4.6 Released!  (Read 27834 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Phase One Capture One 4.6 Released!
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2009, 10:17:01 am »

Quote from: billy
1) when using V 4.6 software, how do you select multiple images? in 3.7.9 I would hold the mouse down and drag down until the images I wanted to select would all turn blue, but with this version I have to manually click each image while holding the apple key down, one at a time. every time I try to click and drag the mouse it just tries to move the first image selected into another location in the browser. by the way, when an image is selected it has a white frame that is really hard to notice, the old way of turning it blue was soooo much better.

Quote from: dougpetersonci
1) Apple key will select or deselect individual items. The Shift Key will select a range of images.
Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio

this is classic Phase One, I ask the question and the company tech support and 2 dealers don't know the answer but some guy on a forum does, I got lucky.

Perhaps you missed my post at the bottom of page three which did give you your answer. Or perhaps a misunderstanding?

As Anton noted using the Apple key for individual selection/deselection and Shift for range selection/deselection is the standard mac convention. Finder, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, etc all use this convention.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2009, 10:29:38 am »

Quote from: Snook
Yeh, But before shift clicking all the images would work but then you could not delete all those chosen images and there was no option in the menu bar anyway to send those to the trash or just plain trash them.. Stupid little quirk that looks to be solved I hope..
Thanks Doug "Papi" for the information...
Snook

No problem Snook.

Just FYI, in the previous version there were shortcuts to "delete all selected" and "permanently delete all selected". The problem it was completely hidden and not explained anywhere (except of course our training classes   ).

Take this opportunity to open up Capture One > Edit Keyboard Shortcuts and browse the shortcuts. There are some pretty obscure shortcuts and the ability to add a shortcut to any action listed in the pull-down menus. Previously there were shortcuts for "delete all selected", or "permanently delete all selected".

Personally, for my shooting I removed the keyboard shortcuts for "permanently delete" and "permanently deleted all selected" and for "Quit" (apple Q). I will gladly take the extra two seconds to manually find those shortcuts if/when I would need in exchange for never accidentally hitting them.

Version 4.6 added Color Tagging to the list of what you can add a keyboard shortcut for. Very helpful and a bad omission from 4.5.2.

Doug

Carsten W

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2009, 03:46:34 pm »

wow that works! you have no idea how great this is, thanks so much.

this is classic Phase One, I ask the question and the company tech support and 2 dealers dont know the answer but some guy on a forum does, I got lucky.

Okay, but it is a standard Mac keystroke. You should try to find some time between shoots to brush up on that, because this surely won't be the last time you hit something like this
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

stiksandstones

• http://www.craigglaspell.com
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2009, 02:52:56 pm »

just to confirm, C1 4.6 will not work on my G5/Leopard 10.5.6/??

I installed it, it boots, tells me that it works best on a intel based mac, continue, and POOF, it dies

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2009, 03:07:50 pm »

Quote from: stiksandstones

I installed it, it boots, tells me that it works best on a intel based mac, continue, and POOF, it dies

I have it working on my dual G5, it is very slow but seems to work ok.

stiksandstones

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2009, 03:17:38 pm »

Quote from: DavidP

hmm, well, good to know its possible...I get the main interface open, then it crashes

Doug Peterson

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2009, 03:59:32 pm »

Quote from: stiksandstones

Quote from: DavidP

"Works best on an Intel Based Mac" should be interpreted in the following way: "May or may not work; proceed at your own risk" or basically you're leaving the mapped road (the tested and supported environment) and entering the wilderness (untested environments).

We have at least two customers running 4.6 stable on a PPC based machine. However, we have several others who were not able to.

All of us (vendors, software writers, hardware providers, end-users) have, to some extent, been screwed by Apple's switch to Intel. With the next version of OSX which will not support PPC expected very soon, and increasing likelihood that Adobe and Microsoft will not support PPC in their next major software revisions, the decision was made not to spend equal time testing on Power PC machines.

Capture One 4.1.2 supported Power PC, so that is one option for G5 users who don't want to stay with C1 3.X and who don't want to upgrade their computers.

Remember, I don't make the decisions. I just report whatever facts I know.

Doug

stiksandstones

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2009, 07:23:38 pm »

"Works best on an Intel Based Mac" should be interpreted in the following way: "May or may not work; proceed at your own risk" or basically you're leaving the mapped road (the tested and supported environment) and entering the wilderness (untested environments).

We have at least two customers running 4.6 stable on a PPC based machine. However, we have several others who were not able to.

All of us (vendors, software writers, hardware providers, end-users) have, to some extent, been screwed by Apple's switch to Intel. With the next version of OSX which will not support PPC expected very soon, and increasing likelihood that Adobe and Microsoft will not support PPC in their next major software revisions, the decision was made not to spend equal time testing on Power PC machines.

Capture One 4.1.2 supported Power PC, so that is one option for G5 users who don't want to stay with C1 3.X and who don't want to upgrade their computers.

Doug

thanks Doug....bummer, looks like I will not be able to edit 5d MarkII files on my g5...so odd how I get the grey user interface to come up for about 5 secs, try to get working on files and POOF, it dies and reports error.
Could it be that I have 3.7.9 still installed?

ziocan

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2009, 08:24:40 pm »

Honestly, Apple switched to Intel 3/4 years ago and announced it 6 months earlier. I think for some customers is time to move on. Also those dual G5 machine are slow to begin with, if compared to anything that run a recent intel even on a single CPU.
Running new software on the old macs is like fitting some Bridgestone Potenza on a FIAT 500. Not exactly supposed to work like that....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 08:26:01 pm by ziocan »

Snook

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2009, 08:30:46 pm »

Quote from: ziocan
Honestly, Apple switched to Intel 3/4 years ago and announced it 6 months earlier. I think for some customers is time to move on. Also those dual G5 machine are slow to begin with, if compared to anything that run a recent intel even on a single CPU.
Running new software on the old macs is like fitting some Bridgestone Potenza on a FIAT 500. Not exactly supposed to work like that....

I agree 100%, get on with.. Most all programs are Intel and working better and faster than ANY G5.

Snook

Quit the whining an either stay with the old 3.7 and or move on to Intel. my iMac intel in my house Blows away my G5 with 4 gigs of RAM... Sold that tank a long time ago!!
Even apple is stopping production of PPC.. That should tell you everything.. Your basically already one OS behind.

froesner

• http://images.luiroq.com
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2009, 09:39:44 pm »

Doug

Excuse me??????

What are you selling again? Gear at the price of 5 to 10 macs where "all of us have, to some extend, been screwed by" (Phase, Hasselblad, Leaf, etc.)'s inability to deliver what has been announced on time, sometimes not even a year+ later.

Honestly, if you feel screwed by apple then I would love to be screwed the same way by Hasselblad etc.

Cheers / Frank

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 09:12:05 pm »

I've spoken to several digital techs who have said the 10.5.6 update which drastically improved tethered USB performance may have also introduced some instability into USB as the OS level.
I had some issues with my Mac a few days back, whilst copying files off a card via the USB port. And general flakiness/freezing/crashing and whilst chatting to the UK Phase One chappie today, he said the 10.5.6 upgrade trashed his brand new MacBookPro which looped infintely whilst booting. When looking at the HD via another computer, it 'needed' formatting to be recognised and the entire HD eventually had to be flattened to get things going again. Losing everything on drive in process.
he wasn't too pleased at hte time wasted.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 09:12:20 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2009, 06:01:16 am »

Quote from: jjj
I had some issues with my Mac a few days back, whilst copying files off a card via the USB port. And general flakiness/freezing/crashing and whilst chatting to the UK Phase One chappie today, he said the 10.5.6 upgrade trashed his brand new MacBookPro which looped infintely whilst booting. When looking at the HD via another computer, it 'needed' formatting to be recognised and the entire HD eventually had to be flattened to get things going again. Losing everything on drive in process.

Oh, drop it guys, it's pretty obvious that anyone with a brain is now going to be moving out of Apple. Party's over.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ziocan

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2009, 05:22:01 pm »

Quote from: jjj
maybe he simply had a faulty disk. sheet happens.

Honestly if someone look for similar episodes of hardware failures with windows pc, he is going to find more horror stories that he can find inside a can of worms.

It would be interesting to know from Edmund, why we should move out of Apple now.
I hope you do not think of it, just because Mr. Jobs cannot work anymore. That would be completely foolish.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:03:58 pm by ziocan »

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2009, 06:09:44 pm »

maybe he simply had a faulty disk. sheet happens.
Upgrading caused HD to fail!? He had software bugs not technical issues.

Honestly if someone look for similar episodes of hardware failures with windows pc, he is going to find more horror stories that he can find inside a can of worms.
Well seeing as Windows is vastly more popular than OSX, that's bound to be the case, plus people can build their own kit.
You sound like an Apple apologist. My most reliable computer has been a PC, my most unreliable has been a Mac. Apple have lots of recalls and issues with their kit, such as the recent problems with the new laptops. There are no better than PCs, which is actually what they are now anyway.

It would be interesting to know from Edmund, why we should move out of Apple now.
I hope you do not think of it, just because Mr. Jobs cannot work anymore. That would be completely moronic.
Seeing as Apple are moving towards the consumer market [a sensible financial move for them] and seem to be turning their back on pro graphics people, that's not actually a moronic statement, maybe simply a practical one.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:11:16 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2009, 06:17:59 pm »

I hope you do not think of it, just because Mr. Jobs cannot work anymore. That would be completely foolish.

You shouldn't until forced. That'll take a few years. The staff with brains  is going to run, not walk. When the house owner collapses puking, you leave the party, you don't wait for 911.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2009, 12:03:54 pm »

I tethered my back using the new C1 but it seams my camera is not supported for remote control of aperture/shutterspeed etc.

I suppose that my Mamiya AFD is too old a dog to learn this particular trick. It would have been good to have, but not mission dependent.

I'm happy that C1 offers this feature.

I also have problems with the camera sending correct information to the back (EXIF) and identifying the lens I'm using, but, again, this may be because of body model, and nothing that interferes in the work...

[font=Comic Sa

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2009, 12:19:05 pm »

Bill Gates retired from Microsoft, so where would we go?

I liked Apple in the times before Jobs was back, he brought The iMac (don't have) the iPod (don't have) the iPhone, (don't have)

We have to live the in the present, and as it is, the Mac is the Mac...

Quote from: eronald
You shouldn't until forced. That'll take a few years. The staff with brains  is going to run, not walk. When the house owner collapses puking, you leave the party, you don't wait for 911.

Edmund
[font=Comic Sa

ziocan

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2009, 06:51:09 pm »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
Bill Gates retired from Microsoft, so where would we go?

I liked Apple in the times before Jobs was back, he brought The iMac (don't have) the iPod (don't have) the iPhone, (don't have)

We have to live the in the present, and as it is, the Mac is the Mac...
Exactly.
beside that behind almost every Apple product there is the British guy Ivy, who is actually responsible for ,look feel and functionality on almost everything Apple has done.
I would like to see him working for HP, Toshiba or Sony and designing luggage size laptops or airpurifier kind of desktop PC (like the latest HP), because those companies need to have 10 new laptop design every 6 months and therefore will need to design bulky (cheaper to make) and using standard components because they cannot afford many custom design parts with narrow tolerances, since they cannot spread the productions of such parts on several models and for a longer time. I really would like to see how tempted the guy can be of jumping ship just because "Jobs" is not around.
Actually Apple may get better than  what it is at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:51:53 pm by ziocan »

Jack Varney

• http://
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2009, 08:33:51 pm »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
I also have problems with the camera sending correct information to the back (EXIF) and identifying the lens I'm using, but, again, this may be because of body model, and nothing that interferes in the work...

Leonardo,

I have, on occasion, had the lens information omitted by the Mamiya AFD to Phase P45+ exif data. The cause was dirty contacts between the back and the camera. Hope this will help.
Jack Varney
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up