Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One Capture One 4.6 Released!  (Read 27788 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Phase One Capture One 4.6 Released!
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 09:26:14 am »

Quote from: billy
sorry if this is off topic, but I tried to ask Phase One tech support these questions but as usual they are worthless.....

1) when using V 4.6 sotfware, how do you select multiple images? in 3.7.9 I would hold the mouse down and drag down until the images I wanted to select would all turn blue, but with this version I have to manually click each image while holding the apple key down, one at a time. everytime I try to click and drag the mouse it just tries to move the first image selected into another location in the browser. by the way, when an image is selected it has a white frame that is really hard to notice, the old way of turning it blue was soooo much better.

2) where is the process menu? I cant figure out how to change the processing recipe , ie: small jpgs, medium jpgs, tiffs, 8 bit or 16bit

3) how can I turn the sharpening to always off? cant find the 'set as defaults' tab

4)what the hell is a variant? they use that word all over the place , I think it is a single photo, right?

I want to use this new software because there are some great things about it but geeze, it is not intuitive at all!

Billy:

When you state "Phase One Tech Support as usual is worthless" can you please describe the experience that drew you to make the remark? There are men and women who work very hard and do an excellent job and if you've had a bad experience, constructive feedback would be more helpful - thanks.

Yes, it does appear click n drag to select has taken a hit so as to accomodate drag n drop via the browser. Perhaps that will be tweaked in a future version...Hopefully the selected frame color as well.

In default configurations, the process menu is activated by clicking and holding this symbol >> to the right of the adjustments menu. This gives you access to output and batch menus. If you wish those menu icons to always be visible, then grab and adjust the tools barrier to the right until they show up.

I (or someone) will get back to you on setting up a default parameter.

Variants is designed as a method of reproducing and repurposing one file for different looks or objectives without producing additional file size overhead as it simply stores the instruction set for the same file rather than duplicating the entire file itself.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 10:54:50 am »

3) how can I turn the sharpening to always off? cant find the 'set as defaults' tab

Billy:

In the sharpening tool, pull down the little arrow menu to the right of the word "sharpening" and above the numeric value of the "amount". One of the options is "Save as Defaults". Input the sharpening setting you wish and then select this option and your images will come in with this setting applied. There are numerous tools which have this capability in C1 4.6.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 11:00:55 am »

When you state "Phase One Tech Support as usual is worthless" can you please describe the experience that drew you to make the remark? There are men and women who work very hard and do an excellent job and if you've had a bad experience, constructive feedback would be more helpful - thanks.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
[/quote]

Steve,

I know the some tech from phase one are very responsible, they will do their best to help, but not all of them.

If they don't know, will be the end, no more email, no more lets see what can I do

I talk with ulf, in New York about the problem the I have, the I was sending files after files, in no one help me.

ulf tell me, to send, him, those files, As I did, 5 times, and five times I got nada, zero, 0  response from him or anyone.

Even I ask here in the forum, plus in Phase one forum he didn't even say sorry I don't have an answer for you.(to me lack of respect)

The true I feel since Lance Schad is gone, phase one don't have the clue about customer service.

But like I say, is how I feel

BlasR
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 11:49:47 am »

Quote from: BlasR
I talk with ulf, in New York about the problem the I have, the I was sending files after files, in no one help me.

ulf tell me, to send, him, those files, As I did, 5 times, and five times I got nada, zero, 0  response from him or anyone.

Even I ask here in the forum, plus in Phase one forum he didn't even say sorry I don't have an answer for you.(to me lack of respect)

What was your question? The ones you asked here or some other question?

Doug

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio

BlasR

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 12:20:40 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
What was your question? The ones you asked here or some other question?

Doug

Doug,

I had problem with lens correction tools

And I  had problem with old files from p25 in New files p45+

Capture one was frozen or quit with those files.

I send it so many time the I give up.  after the lack of response.

When I met Ulf in New york, he tell me, to send those files to him.  As I did

I don't know why he never answer any of those email.

Lens correction tools was fixed ,

Quit or frozen is working now with 4.6 & all the files.

I'm good now.

BlasR

BlasR

BlasR

Doug Peterson

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 01:05:30 pm »

Doug,

Lens correction tools was fixed ,

Quit or frozen is working now with 4.6 & all the files.

I'm good now.

BlasR

Glad to hear 4.6 has solved those problems. Sorry to hear about your experience with tech support. In general my experience and the experience of our customers has been stellar with Phase One Tech Support both the DK team and US team. Of course I would say that since we sell Phase One, but it is the truth.

Of course, when you can work through a dealer then you have one more level of support and help.

Snook

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 01:51:58 pm »

All you have to do is pop into the Phase Forums every once in a while to see there is no responses on hardly anything there! It is quite a useless forum.
Mostly Ulf Pops in trying to defend Phase One in some way.
They are quite cold about their help and only the 3-4 guys in here help at all, Which I am very grateful by the way....:+}
You guys seem more like the Mom and Pop behind the business and it's not even yours really.

These guys are just not high up on the personality rankings.. (The Phase One forum guys like Ulf).

Thanks for the hints on deleting, was driving me crazy!!!

Doug Peterson

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 02:09:34 pm »

Quote from: Snook
All you have to do is pop into the Phase Forums every once in a while to see there is no responses on hardly anything there! It is quite a useless forum.
Mostly Ulf Pops in trying to defend Phase One in some way.
They are quite cold about their help and only the 3-4 guys in here help at all, Which I am very grateful by the way....:+}
You guys seem more like the Mom and Pop behind the business and it's not even yours really.

These guys are just not high up on the personality rankings.. (The Phase One forum guys like Ulf).

Thanks for the hints on deleting, was driving me crazy!!!

The Phase One forum is very clearly (or last I was on it) labeled User-To-User Forum. Direct support is given using the suppot system on phaseone.com.

If we're mom and pop though, I totally call pop. Chris or Dave can be Mom.

Doug

BlasR

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 02:15:19 pm »

Doug
[/quote]

LOL  that is great  
BlasR

Carsten W

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 03:44:37 pm »

If I were you, I'd call 'kiddo'. The other two have to share a bed!
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

Doug Peterson

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 04:45:30 pm »

I send it so many time the I give up.  after the lack of response.

When I met Ulf in New york, he tell me, to send those files to him.  As I did

I don't know why he never answer any of those email.

By the way, I've never known Ulf to ignore a customer.

One of the reasons the PhaseOne.com support system is so great is because when you start a case you get a case number and that confirms that Phase One has received your information. Every single case gets responded to. Even this long after it's invention email is not perfect. Spam filters, maximum attachments, inbox overflows, address mispellings etc. It's extremely likely that Ulf did not receive your emails. If he did he would have responded. So, please feel free to use the support system.

Phase One generally prefers to work support through it's dealers for many reasons, not least of which are that your dealer and you likely share a native language and your dealer already know 90% of your background whenever you have a problem (what backs do you own, what's your background knowledge, what do you shoot, etc). For that reason an direct inquiry to Phase One might sound like a dismissal or hand-off as they encourage you to first ask your local dealer. That said, they do answer every end-user question for those who chose not to work through a dealer.

The Danish support team may occasionally come off sound brief/short/direct but that is 1) culture and 2) translation of thoughts into a non-native tongue 3) the nature of online communication (where you can't tell intonation). Whatever you think about them though I can tell you they work very hard and they answer every support case started in the system.

Doug

Doug Peterson

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2009, 04:46:49 pm »

Quote from: carstenw
If I were you, I'd call 'kiddo'. The other two have to share a bed!

I call "pet" instead so I can just lie around all day and be fed.

I refuse to be spade or neutered however.

billy

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2009, 06:38:13 pm »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix/Phase One
Billy:

Yes, it does appear click n drag to select has taken a hit so as to accomodate drag n drop via the browser. Perhaps that will be tweaked in a future version...Hopefully the selected frame color as well.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One

they are worthless because it is the single biggest hassle IN MY LIFE just to contact them and get my question to them, multiple passwords, multiple browser windows, and then they usually send me a garbled link with a cryptic answer to my problem, which is usually not the correct answer. I like canon, I just call the 800 number and talk to someone and they help me out right there, no brainer.

In V 3.7 I could select 75 images at once in like 5 seconds because of the 'click and drag' feature to select images. I am a lifestyle/fashion photog so I shoot like 1000 images per job. there is no way the 'new' V4 method is going to fit into that workflow...... are you telling me that I have to hold down a keyboard key and click 1 image at a time just to select multiple images? Thats crazy.

BUT, I do appreciate your and doug's help here in the forum, it is Phase that is dropping the ball.

bcooter

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2009, 07:06:42 pm »

they are worthless because it is the single biggest hassle IN MY LIFE just to contact them and get my question to them, multiple passwords, multiple browser windows, and then they usually send me a garbled link with a cryptic answer to my problem, which is usually not the correct answer. I like canon, I just call the 800 number and talk to someone and they help me out right there, no brainer.

In V 3.7 I could select 75 images at once in like 5 seconds because of the 'click and drag' feature to select images. I am a lifestyle/fashion photog so I shoot like 1000 images per job. there is no way the 'new' V4 method is going to fit into that workflow...... are you telling me that I have to hold down a keyboard key and click 1 image at a time just to select multiple images? Thats crazy.

BUT, I do appreciate your and doug's help here in the forum, it is Phase that is dropping the ball.

edit
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:18:35 pm by bcooter »

Carsten W

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2009, 07:17:57 pm »

Have you tried clicking on the first image you want to select, and then shift-clicking on the last one? Cmd-clicking is reserved for image-by-image clicking, on the Mac.
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

BlasR

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2009, 08:08:04 pm »

By the way, I've never known Ulf to ignore a customer.

One of the reasons the PhaseOne.com support system is so great is because when you start a case you get a case number and that confirms that Phase One has received your information. Every single case gets responded to. Even this long after it's invention email is not perfect. Spam filters, maximum attachments, inbox overflows, address mispellings etc. It's extremely likely that Ulf did not receive your emails. If he did he would have responded. So, please feel free to use the support system.

Phase One generally prefers to work support through it's dealers for many reasons, not least of which are that your dealer and you likely share a native language and your dealer already know 90% of your background whenever you have a problem (what backs do you own, what's your background knowledge, what do you shoot, etc). For that reason an direct inquiry to Phase One might sound like a dismissal or hand-off as they encourage you to first ask your local dealer. That said, they do answer every end-user question for those who chose not to work through a dealer.

The Danish support team may occasionally come off sound brief/short/direct but that is 1) culture and 2) translation of thoughts into a non-native tongue 3) the nature of online communication (where you can't tell intonation). Whatever you think about them though I can tell you they work very hard and they answer every support case started in the system.

Doug

Doug,

Now you know one. Will be me

he ignore my email, he ignore my post on phase one forum, in only post after I say the 4.5.2 work especial with lens correction.

now is a paul e. there the help a lot(in the forum).  But ulf did not.

Work support! I have like 10 cases in 10 case didn't work, not one can help,,that is why I tell to ulf in NY.

so if you never met a person the ulf ignore, I can send you my photo,/address,phone, you will meet one (me)

Like I tell you, I will be a  happy phase one, user,  if lance was with the company.

Now my road when to different direccion

But always with be smile  

"Hasselblad here I come"

AS I red in another forum Hasselblad is the enemy, so now phase one will be.

But I will be between to keep the peace  

Life is beautiful

BlasR

BlasR

antonyoung

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2009, 09:47:48 pm »

Dude, nobody's telling you that you have to hold down a key and click one image at a time. Have you ever used a computer? You hold down command to select an image at a time if you want to select multiples and they are not contiguous, or shift to select multiples if they are. You can click the first one, hold down shift, and click the last one you want. You can then expand the selection by holding shift and clicking even more. Or you can take some out by holding command and clicking on them. The finder works the same way. So does your word processor. So does your email program. So does your spreadsheet. So did Capture One 3.7.

billy

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2009, 10:36:02 pm »

Quote from: antonyoung
Dude, nobody's telling you that you have to hold down a key and click one image at a time. Have you ever used a computer? You hold down command to select an image at a time if you want to select multiples and they are not contiguous, or shift to select multiples if they are. You can click the first one, hold down shift, and click the last one you want. You can then expand the selection by holding shift and clicking even more. Or you can take some out by holding command and clicking on them. The finder works the same way. So does your word processor. So does your email program. So does your spreadsheet. So did Capture One 3.7.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 12:38:33 am by billy »

billy

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 12:37:33 am »

Quote from: carstenw
Have you tried clicking on the first image you want to select, and then shift-clicking on the last one? Cmd-clicking is reserved for image-by-image clicking, on the Mac.

wow that works! you have no idea how great this is, thanks so much.

this is classic Phase One, I ask the question and the company tech support and 2 dealers dont know the answer but some guy on a forum does, I got lucky.

Snook

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 08:11:44 am »

wow that works! you have no idea how great this is, thanks so much.

this is classic Phase One, I ask the question and the company tech support and 2 dealers dont know the answer but some guy on a forum does, I got lucky.

Yeh, But before shift clicking all the images would work but then you could not delete all those chosen images and there was no option in the menu bar anyway to send those to the trash or just plain trash them.. Stupid little quirk that looks to be solved I hope..
Thanks Doug "Papi" for the information...
Snook
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up