Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One Capture One 4.6 Released!  (Read 27789 times)

Jeffreytotaro

Phase One Capture One 4.6 Released!
« on: January 05, 2009, 08:37:12 am »

Check it out on their site.  It's supposed to browse faster which would be great.  That's my biggest complaint about it.  Now you can save workspaces too.
Jeffrey Totaro
[url=http://www.jeffreyto

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 09:27:26 am »

Quote from: Jeffreytotaro
Check it out on their site.  It's supposed to browse faster which would be great.  That's my biggest complaint about it.  Now you can save workspaces too.

Here are some of the highlighted new features in Capture One 4.6 are:

- Improved performance:
o Notably in: Processing, Browsing, Folder viewing and Color Editor

- Edit Primary Only option:
o With Capture One 4.6 we will abandon the Shift modifier key for operating on multiple
selected images/variants. With Capture One 4.6 we will introduce an option “Edit Primary
Only”, which can be toggled on or off. When this option is off, changes made will affect all
selected variants, otherwise it will only affect the primary variant. You can toggle the “Edit
Primary Only” mode in the menu (Edit), the toolbar (icon) and via a new keyboard shortcut

- Camera Controls tool:
o For tethered shooting, this tool allows the users to remote control essential camera settings
such as program, shutter, aperture and EV adjustment directly from the application.

- Load/save workspaces (PRO/DB, Mac only):
o It is now possible to save and load workspaces in the application

- Nikon tethered capture for the following cameras (PRO):
o Nikon D3, Nikon D700, Nikon D300, Nikon D200, Nikon D80, Nikon D60, Nikon D40x,
Nikon D40

- New cameras supported (4/PRO):
o Phase One P 65+
o Canon G10
o Nikon D3X
o Olympus E-30

- Improved camera support (4/PRO):
o Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 50D: sRaw1 and sRaw2 supported

- Rating in Phase One back reflected in Capture One

- Software update
o A software update feature is introduced, so Capture One will in the future notify users if a
newer version of Capture One is available. This feature requires an internet connection

You can download the new Capture One 4.6 from Phase One's web site:

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/CO4.aspx

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:32:18 am »

Chris:

Do you know if that added the corner softness correction for the 28mm Mamiya?

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 11:16:01 am »

Does not look it yet Paul , just loaded it and not there . It is much faster though for browsing and such.
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

tho_mas

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:51:04 am »

slightly faster. still much slower than V3.7x (as to responsiveness and previews without lag/redraw).
still a lot of features missing.
viewer always on top is completely useless now for me (okay for shooting, a pain for editing)

some bug fixes and a few new features. so actually this is 4.5.3 rather than 4.6.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 12:07:52 pm »

Quote from: tho_mas
slightly faster. still much slower than V3.7x (as to responsiveness and previews without lag/redraw).
still a lot of features missing.
viewer always on top is completely useless now for me (okay for shooting, a pain for editing)

some bug fixes and a few new features. so actually this is 4.5.3 rather than 4.6.

Nikon tethering by itself is more than enough to call it 4.6, but let's not quibble about numbers.

It won't happen overnight, and it may not happen at all, but the ability to use a Nikon with Capture One opens up Nikon to an entire market which it was previously completely absent from. In Miami the rental market is almost entirely fashion, and 80% Phase One or Canon with some Hasselblad and even less Leaf. Nikon and Sinar are completely absent. The reason is simple: digital techs in Miami know Capture One (Canon/Phase), and some know Hasselblad/Leaf but not one knows Nikon/Sinar.

I know this is a very particular market (South Beach Fashion using On Location Tethering Facilitated by a Digital Tech) but it's a market which has no Nikon presence at all.

Doug

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 12:30:28 pm »

There does not seem to be tethered support for the 5D MII, also it still does not have the stitching tool, for the flex adaptor.
I use the flex adapter quite often and I need the stitching tool with my Phase Back.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 12:56:59 pm »

Quote from: DavidP
There does not seem to be tethered support for the 5D MII, also it still does not have the stitching tool, for the flex adaptor.
I use the flex adapter quite often and I need the stitching tool with my Phase Back.

5D Mark II tethering would require a new Canon SDK (they keep switching). Probably inevitable at some point C1 will add support, but I would not plan on any specific date. You can use the Canon tether program and the Capture One Hot Folder. A bit awkward, but better than the Canon program by itself IMO.

Stitching still not included. Very frustrating. Hopefully next update, but I have no info either way.

bcooter

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 01:06:01 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Nikon tethering by itself is more than enough to call it 4.6, but let's not quibble about numbers.

It won't happen overnight, and it may not happen at all, but the ability to use a Nikon with Capture One opens up Nikon to an entire market which it was previously completely absent from. In Miami the rental market is almost entirely fashion, and 80% Phase One or Canon with some Hasselblad and even less Leaf. Nikon and Sinar are completely absent. The reason is simple: digital techs in Miami know Capture One (Canon/Phase), and some know Hasselblad/Leaf but not one knows Nikon/Sinar.

I know this is a very particular market (South Beach Fashion using On Location Tethering Facilitated by a Digital Tech) but it's a market which has no Nikon presence at all.

Doug

Well maybe so, but since up till today Nikon didn't have a 20+mpx camera.  Check back on that thought in 8 months because the Nikon focuses ten times more accurate than the Canons and with that lcd I'm not that sure you really need a computer to show the clients the image.  

Do this.  Take a shot of a person non tethered with a Nikon D3, a Canon 1ds3 and any medium format back and zoom in on the face and show the client the result and ask them which camera they would like you to use.  To a person they will look at the Nikon lcd and say "use the big one".

But South Beach is a different animal.  75% of all the photographers that slide onto Collins to shoot retail only own three things, a film RZ that sets on the shelf,  a Canon D20 with a zoom and a mastercard that is $500 away from it's limit.

The rest of the equipment is put on the "client's" production company so when it comes to asking about cameras they only know two answers, big files or fast camera.  

bcooter

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 02:08:17 pm »

5D Mark II tethering would require a new Canon SDK (they keep switching). Probably inevitable at some point C1 will add support, but I would not plan on any specific date. You can use the Canon tether program and the Capture One Hot Folder. A bit awkward, but better than the Canon program by itself IMO.

Stitching still not included. Very frustrating. Hopefully next update, but I have no info either way.

I don't understand why everyone disses the Canon EOS utility.  It works solid, has huge film like previews and except for Apples slow usb drivers works fast.  Use it on a PC like a Sony or a Dell and you'll be amazed about how fast it is.

It also allows you to rename, select folders and input color correction settings from the computer to the camera.

It may be PC windows looking and kind of goofy but only takes about 10 minutes to learn.

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 02:49:58 pm »

Be sure to check the release notes before you download and install.

For MAC, you need an Intel based OSX 10.5.5.

Very disappointing for us Power Mac G5 owners who are perfectly happy with their computer systems.
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

VanKou

• http://www.vankou.com
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 06:06:57 pm »

Quote from: bcooter
I don't understand why everyone disses the Canon EOS utility.  It works solid, has huge film like previews and except for Apples slow usb drivers works fast.  Use it on a PC like a Sony or a Dell and you'll be amazed about how fast it is.

It also allows you to rename, select folders and input color correction settings from the computer to the camera.

It may be PC windows looking and kind of goofy but only takes about 10 minutes to learn.

Because it has the worst image quality...Even Picasa can render Canon RAW files better.  I just don't know why.

simplify

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 06:50:06 pm »

CaptureOne is telling me my G10 files are unsupported even though I am running 4.6

Is it working for anyone elses G10 files.

JP
http://theg10blog.com

Doug Peterson

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 06:55:23 pm »

Quote from: simplify
CaptureOne is telling me my G10 files are unsupported even though I am running 4.6

JP

You're running with a pro license right? I'm sure you're aware; just want to make sure before you go to a lot of trouble.

Capture One DB (free) does not deal with dSLR files.

Doug

simplify

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 06:57:29 pm »

Yes I should be running the pro license.  I own a P45+.  Maybe I downloaded just the DB version?  I will look into it some more.
thanks,
JP
You're running with a pro license right? I'm sure you're aware; just want to make sure before you go to a lot of trouble.

Capture One DB (free) does not deal with dSLR files.

Doug

Doug Peterson

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 07:10:22 pm »

Yes I should be running the pro license.  I own a P45+.  Maybe I downloaded just the DB version?  I will look into it some more.
thanks,
JP

Only one download. Only one installer. Two types of keys to activate the software (non pro and pro), and the ability to select "run in digital back mode" without entering a key. 30 day trial on any combination of the above.

Check under Capture One - License and it should tell you what you're running.

Doug

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 07:16:55 pm by dougpetersonci »

simplify

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 07:43:18 pm »

Thanks for the help, looks like I just had to activate it.  Unfortunately it is telling me that my activation limit has been reached and I must deactivate it from other computers, even though I am only using it on one computer, argh.  I guess I will call my dealer tomorrow.
Thanks again
JP

Doug Peterson

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 07:54:28 pm »

Thanks for the help, looks like I just had to activate it.  Unfortunately it is telling me that my activation limit has been reached and I must deactivate it from other computers, even though I am only using it on one computer, argh.  I guess I will call my dealer tomorrow.
Thanks again
JP

No problem.

If you go to phaseone.com and "login" using the upper right hand corner link using the email address and password you chose when you first activated then you can go to "my account" - "license management" and select the key in question and "deactivate".

You're entitled to two computer at any given time.

If you've forgotten your email/password used to activate it then you need to contact your dealer and they can assist you in restoring access.

The only way you could really get into trouble is if you forget/lose both your key AND have no idea at all what your email address is. If you have either your email address, or your key then the other component along with your password can be recovered by your dealer.

I'm from the generation that thinks any form of DRM is a bad idea. But as DRM goes, phase's is very user-centric.

Cheers,

antonyoung

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 08:22:56 pm »

Thanks again
JP

You don't have to do that anymore, you can reset your keys on the website.

Paul Sumi

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »

JP

Works fine for me (C1 Pro) under Win XP SP3.

Paul
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up