Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing a camera  (Read 2675 times)

dazzajl

Sharing a camera
« on: August 09, 2005, 08:51:42 am »

Different cameras allow you to do different things with memory cards and folders so it kind of depends on the SLR you chose.

It would almost certainly be easier to each keep a memory card in your pocket and swap them when you pass the camera over. I take you mean for when you both use the camera at the same time otherwise you just need to clear the card after each use.

The other question is, do you really need to keep the shots apart? Does it  matter who shot what?

It will be very difficult to take the credit for her better shot is she can prove she's the artist.  ::

rih

Sharing a camera
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 07:02:42 am »

My wife and i do it all the time.  We often take joint credit and when we frame pictures we sometimes put both our names on the mat.  I think this comes from over 40 years of being together and working these things out.  she has the best artistic eye and I know a bit more about the technical side of things.  I have found it fun to shoot together and not worry about who pushed to shutter button for each pic.  Try it you will like it.

budda

Sharing a camera
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 08:31:11 am »

It's really no big deal. I was just speculating.

the issue has never come up.

thanks for your input though

budda

Sharing a camera
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 08:22:17 am »

Let's say that me and my girlfriend want to share a digital slr. Is there any way to mark who has taken a particular image other than trying to remember it or record it outside the camera?

Can you use the custom functions to add the correct metadata?

regards Jonas

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Sharing a camera
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 07:59:07 pm »

If you two are worried about the artistic credits, by all means use two cards. It would be very wierd to argue about this.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

rih

Sharing a camera
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 07:03:27 am »

My wife and i do it all the time.  We often take joint credit and when we frame pictures we sometimes put both our names on the mat.  I think this comes from over 40 years of being together and working these things out.  she has the best artistic eye and I know a bit more about the technical side of things.  I have found it fun to shoot together and not worry about who pushed to shutter button for each pic.  Try it you will like it.    
Pages: [1]   Go Up