Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help: D5MII export settings for best result on HDTV  (Read 17457 times)

Michael Schoenfeld

• Michael Schoenfeld
Please help: D5MII export settings for best result on HDTV
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 03:16:18 pm »

Morgan,

Michael Schoenfeld here, (this is an Apple solution)

MPEG StreamClip (www.squared5.com)  it's free.

Put your 5D's CF card into a reader attached to your Mac.

Launch MPEG StreamClip choose "batch"

Follow all the App's prompts until you are ready to process (pretty simple; allows any QT codec installed to be your destination codec)

Presto - viewable "no red line" dailies, or edit-ready clips achieved with little more than the time it takes to copy the file from the card reader in the first place.

All the best,

Michael Schoenfeld
www.michaelschoenfeld.com

Michael Schoenfeld

• Michael Schoenfeld
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 03:25:37 pm »

Sorry Morgan,

I meant to write:

Choose "batch list" from menu selections

Cheers,

Michael

larryrrw

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 08:00:17 pm »

Thanks JJJ !
Quote from: jjj
I was wondering about getting a 5DII, but I reckon the video mode would drive me nuts as I like to use manual.

First I bought the new D5m2 to update  my system. The pictures I shot so far are exellent.the new menu is far better than the later.
the higher ISO is a delight. i also love that I may select three different size of RAW.

Here you can read how far you can take control of the camera when you use it for movies:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/tips_from_the_pros.do

My conclusion:
Great for pictures.
The movie ability gives the Photographer on press report the opurtunity to make short clips, that is a great adventage
the possible start of a new erea in the press reportage.

all the best,
larryrrw

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 08:42:44 pm »

Quote from: larryrrw
First I bought the new D5m2 to update  my system. The pictures I shot so far are exellent.the new menu is far better than the later.
the higher ISO is a delight. i also love that I may select three different size of RAW.
I've not been too impressed by the look of the images in the files I've seen so far. I'll test one when I have some time to see how they really look.

Here you can read how far you can take control of the camera when you use it for movies:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/tips_from_the_pros.do
I know there are various workarounds and bodges to get settings you want, but that's the sort of thing that drives me up the wall.

My conclusion:Great for pictures.
The movie ability gives the Photographer on press report the opurtunity to make short clips, that is a great adventage
the possible start of a new erea in the press reportage.
Let's hope it does change things in the video world and let's also hope someone hacks the firmware to get manual settings before too long.
There are hacks for the Canon P+Ss that allow you to shoot RAW and such like and enabling video on the 5DII was just a firmware mod in reality, it was only marketing that stopped it being done before,
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:51:44 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 08:50:24 pm »

Quote from: Morgan_Moore
No . But I still get warm feeling with a nice show - never got the centrefold yet although a couple of fronts over the years
I love the big centrefold image in the Guardian, some great shots in there and on a regular basis.

Sheffield Stradbroke College Press Photography 1993 - probably demolished that dump years ago - very agressive and practical course though and plenty of sport passes to get into Wednesday/United/Steelers/Ice Hockey.
!?! Gosh never heard of it.  

Great times with my bicycle (could not afford the bus).
Main reason I live in Sheffield is because I was involved in mountain biking. Though I still miss the sea.
Ironically Sheffield/South Yorks had the cheapest bus fares in the country at one time and an excelent service too.
But as it was so succesful, the Thatcher government had to stop it, as you couldn't have a left wing council doing things that worked.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 09:13:50 pm »

Quote from: Michael Schoenfeld
MPEG StreamClip (www.squared5.com)  it's free.

Looks really good - I dont have a 5d right now - I have a D90 and an EX1 and an SR12 - Will play when it is not the night

What codec should I use (the least lossy and most future proof) ProRes seems to be a word I see a lot (no idea what it means - Im a stills photographer  )

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up