Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lost ACR window?  (Read 1768 times)

lbickford

lost ACR window?
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:45:48 am »

In the "old days" of Lightroom, when I transferred an image to Photoshop CS3 it would first open in the Camera Raw window, where adjustments could be made. Now that no longer happens. The image just opens in Photoshop. I've checked the settings in both apps and all appear to be correct.

Is this a function of LR now having a newer version of ACR than PS, about which I am warned, or is there something else at play here? And if it's the former, is the only solution an upgrade to CS4?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
lost ACR window?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 11:12:30 am »

Quote from: lbickford
Is this a function of LR now having a newer version of ACR than PS, about which I am warned, or is there something else at play here? And if it's the former, is the only solution an upgrade to CS4?
Partly it allows for the former, but the logic is that there is no advantage to seeing the ACR window - after all, you've already done your adjustments in LR.

John

JessicaLuchesi

• http://www.jessicaluchesi.com
lost ACR window?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:22 pm »

Sometimes I managed to keep the ACR window and LR in my installs, but I never managed to figure out how or why. And then, all of a sudden, ACR would disappear after installed OpenDoc or some other software ( I'm a Mac user ). And also, all options to re-enable access to ACR from within bridge simply disappeared. But, it also worked after installed Flash CS3, so I don't think this is a setting exclusive to LR.

Since I can't control how and when this happens, and when it happens, re-enable in any easy way, I learned to work on LR and PS, without bridge or ACR.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 03:11:14 pm by JessicaLuchesi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up