Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7900 Profiles for Exhibition Fiber, Ilford Silk Gold, Harman FB AI ??  (Read 4681 times)

DLC

I took delivery of an Epson 7900 a few days ago. It set up easily and so far there are no real issues, though I've only made a couple of prints with it on Epson's Premium Luster paper. I got some samples of Epson Exhibition Fiber, Harman FB AI, and Ilford Galerie Gold Fiber Silk to try out. I was first surprised that there is no Epson Exhibition Fiber profile included with the 7900 printer, on Epson's web site, or in their reference to the Pixel Genius site. I've looked high and low for profiles for all three papers and have come up with nothing. I don't have enough of the paper samples to generate a profile and try out too, and investing in custom profiles to just try a paper seems a little excessive. I'm most interested in teh Epson and Ilford profiles, but if anyone has generated profiles for any of these papers and is willing to share or sell them for a reasonable price, please send me a message.   Thanks!

JohnAONeill

• http://www.johnanthonyoneill.com

I am waiting for a delivery of my new 7900 printer so would be interested in hearing more on this topic. As a matter of interest have you looked for a setting called Traditional Photo Paper? This is the name used by Epson for the Exhibition Fine art paper when sold in the UK. Might be worth a look?

Best regards
John

howardm

did you try here

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Pro/ICCProfilesAll.do

about 2/3's of the way down are the 7900 papers

for the Ilford, you just need to go to ilford.com and follow the support link,
create a login and then work your way down to the 7900 profiles.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

It sounds like you used a older driver for the 7900.   I believe the driver is less than a month old.  It also has
a fix for the loss of custom paper sizes (something that was driving me crazy!).

The latest driver, has it has the profile with it.  If you installed from the CD, then the
driver is out of date.  The Exhibition fiber profile is below the (3) profiles for Exhibition Canvas
Epson_SP7900_9900_Exhibtion_fiber_Paper_PK_V1

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

howardm

that's true.  I updated to the 3800 v8.64 driver and it included the new hot/cold press and EEF papers that the v6.11 (?) didn't.

davidh202

Paul is correct, you need to update both the driver and the printers firmware through the Remote Updater Utility.
You will get all the new Profiles (Epson) You have to create your own custom ones for other brands accoring to their recommended settings  for their papers.
BTW when you look for them in your ICC profiles list in Windows, they are now listed further down the alphabetical list starting with SP 7900-9900 instead of the older profile names starting with Pro 9900-7900

If you update the firmware, the printer needs to be on and loaded with paper as if it were ready to print. The download takes a while even on broadband ,so be patient until you get a clear message that it is finished!!!!
David
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:07:06 pm by davidh202 »

BarbaraArmstrong

Go to the Harman and Ilford sites for their profiles for the papers you're interested in.  Harman is at harman-inkjet.com and Ilford is at ilford.com.  Each of these requires you to create a log-in, but it's easy.  --Barbara

howardm

Isn't the Harman FB-AI now 'Harman by Hahnemuele' glossy (which requires you to go the the hahnemuele site for the profile) ?

BarbaraArmstrong

Thanks for the correction.  I had an older stock of the FB Al, and hadn't had to download a profile for the new stuff.  In particular, I had wanted to make clear that, for these papers, it wasn't necessary to develop a custom profile, especially for a preliminary evaluation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up