Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is a photograph?  (Read 9722 times)

walter.sk

What is a photograph?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 04:39:53 pm »

Quote from: jjj
Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
Ain't that right!

I also checked out your website.  Very creative, especially the abstract portfolio.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
What is a photograph?
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 07:51:11 pm »

Quote from: walter.sk
Ain't that right!

I also checked out your website.  Very creative, especially the abstract portfolio.
Thank you for your kind words.
Always a boon to a schizophrenic lunatic with delusions of grandeur during a manic depressive phase!
Maybe I won't swallow all those pills after all!!      or was it   or possibly   maybe it's    Who knows anymore? Bar the new resident LL shrink dalethorn, that is.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
What is a photograph?
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 07:56:57 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
An undeveloped image on film is a latent image, and I suppose a RAW file from a camera is also a latent image. So the question is, is there a "purely photographic" way to get from the latent image to a viewable image without manipulation?
No.
As how film is developed or a RAW file rendered can be done in a multitude of ways. Who decides which one way, if any is not manipulative?
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

dalethorn

What is a photograph?
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 08:42:01 pm »

Thank you for your kind words.
Always a boon to a schizophrenic lunatic with delusions of grandeur during a manic depressive phase!
Maybe I won't swallow all those pills after all!!      or was it   or possibly   maybe it's    Who knows anymore? Bar the new resident LL shrink dalethorn, that is.

The more frightened they get, the louder they get.  I hope someone will intervene with this cretin before he commits suicide or worse.  The symptoms here are really profound.

dalethorn

What is a photograph?
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 08:57:57 pm »

No.
As how film is developed or a RAW file rendered can be done in a multitude of ways. Who decides which one way, if any is not manipulative?
I decide, because I'm much smarter than you. I see you're still stalking me. Still obsessed with me. Think you can take over my persona by taking LL hostage.

NikosR

• http://
What is a photograph?
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 10:14:23 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
I decide, because I'm much smarter than you. I see you're still stalking me. Still obsessed with me. Think you can take over my persona by taking LL hostage.

Is this evidence of a persecution complex? I wonder  
Nikos
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up