Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Sale: HP FLAG FABRIC (5 rolls available)  (Read 2757 times)

Xanthor

For Sale: HP FLAG FABRIC (5 rolls available)
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:14:27 pm »

I hope this is the right place for this.  As I'm still a bit new to posting here I certainly don't want to appear as though I signed up here to just sell stuff ... I've learned far too much from reading these forums for that ....  but after doing inventory I've discovered that I've too much of some stuff   LOL!

Anyways, I over-estimated how much of this material I would use at our grand opening earlier this year.  I have like 10 rolls of this HP Flag Fabric. 36" x 33' (Q6624A)   I am quite happy to get rid of 50-75% of it.

So take 1 or 2 or all.  Shipping is about $15.00 to anywhere in the USA for a single roll/box.  Im asking $79 per roll.   I can do paypal but as I'm boycotting ebay Id rather not give them any money.  Credit card or money order would be good but whatever is easiest for whoever is interested - if anyone.

Thanks!

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 01:24:25 am »

Xanthor-
Would you mind my asking what applications you have used this for and how it worked for you?  Unfortunately, I don't have a swatch, but I've seen it listed and have wondered what it is like.  Is it a heavier polyester flag material, more of a silk type feel, or something else altogether?
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Xanthor

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 02:33:24 am »

Quote from: Colorwave
Xanthor-
Would you mind my asking what applications you have used this for and how it worked for you?  Unfortunately, I don't have a swatch, but I've seen it listed and have wondered what it is like.  Is it a heavier polyester flag material, more of a silk type feel, or something else altogether?

I'll try but forgive me if my description is too artsy - Ive been surfing art sites all night! LOL

Its a polyester fabric that ... well okay its strange stuff.    When I used it I printed two and grommeted them together and it worked lovely - it flapped in the wind like a flag and sounded like a flag.  Its very similar to the HP paper backed fabric material only I think a bit more weather durable.  

My only dissapointment was that it wasnt the kind of material that soaked up the ink to the point you could print on one side and then like "Dye" the fabric clear through.  I would say its about 40% opaque on its reverse side.... but then we dont use dye ink do we  

If I could figure out how to apply it to a window it reminds me of a really fine window perf..  Its actually a "feature" of the fact that it doesnt really print two sided.   Actually it really would be an awesome window perf ... in leiu that stuff is like $600 a roll it would be a fabulouso window perf! haha!   Heck even one of my art customers who saw one of the flags I printed suggested that if you could stick it to a window it would be ... well I think 'really cool' was the words he used.  Which I thought was interesting when you consider hes an art head printing photos on canvas and selling them at the art center.

I also thought it would make really good door hanger material like alot of the college kids use to hang the giant photos of whatever on their doors.   You know our papers are so picky when it comes to crimping whereas you could flap this stuff around all day.  I am going to print one (a 36 x 74") and hang it in the doorway of our printer room .... like a door screen to keep the retail customers out .... just as soon as I'm done designing it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up