Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have experience with the WFT-E4a for the 5D MKII?  (Read 17698 times)

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Anyone have experience with the WFT-E4a for the 5D MKII?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 09:32:06 pm »

Fantastic Julian Love!
I haven't bought this gear yet, but your blog is marked and saved already. It looks like a lot of work and big time thinking explaining step by step with pics as you did. Thank you so much.
By any chance, will you blog how to setup a PTP connection?
Best
Eduardo

Quote from: julian_love
Setup guide for using the WFT-E4 now online on my blog:

http://adventure-photographer.blogspot.com...p-ftp-with.html

Hope you find it useful if you're having trouble getting this thing working.

jani

• Øyet
Anyone have experience with the WFT-E4a for the 5D MKII?
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 08:19:48 am »

Quote from: pss
not sure what you are talking about....i bought apple and netgear "n" stuff in 2007....and i believe those items were released in 2006.....afaik there is a new bluetooth standart coming out in 2010 that is faster then wifi "n".....
I can sympathise with your confusion, but 802.11n is NOT standardised yet.

Your products purchased in 2007 may not work properly next year, depending on which guesses they made in their headlong rush to release a product that should have waited.

I suggest you peruse the information on e.g. Wikipedia regarding 802.11n to learn a bit more about how the standardisation process is coming along.

Bluetooth is irrelevant here, that's not a similar standard at all.

apple hasn't built a wifi capable device (other then the iphone) WITHOUT "n" in 2 years....

so i don't think this is state of the art in any way.....
That's your opinion, and you're of course entitled to it, but it doesn't make it a reasonable position.

besides shouldn't a 1000$ grip (which is WAAAAAY overpriced, any 100$ router can do most of this stuff) be state of the art? especially when it comes to range and speed?
I also think that these grips are far too expensive for the technical functionality they deliver, but I suppose that your USD 100 router doesn't fancy rain too much and is a bit too picky regarding not being plugged into a wall socket.

300-400 dollars would be more reasonable, I suppose.
Jan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up