We've done literally thousands of profiles on ours (first with a Rev A. Pro, now a Rev. D) and it has performed superbly (apart from if the USB bus is busy doing other things at the same time, then it gets cranky!). Other than that (no issue if you dedicate the machine to profiling), it works a treat. We have done various tests across the years (since we got it around ?2005) and found it to be very reliable and much mroe accurate than hand reading.
The company above is wrong.
Just curious, how many patches do you use for your targets?
As mentioned in the other thread on this forum, my experience with the table has been pretty disappointing, although I don't think the criticism mentioned by the OP on this thread is accurate. Gretag macbeth and now xRite haven't been particularly helpful trying to solve this. Overall they seem to think the table and devices really can't have a problem so something I'm doing has to be at fault.
I've been using Bill Atkinson's targets, because my license of ProfileMaker wont' let me create targets (a feature I also can't seem to find out how to enable), and I want to use something more than 928 patches.
All in all very frustrated ... I don't want to blame the table, because I've had trouble using Bill's 2366 patch with a manual i1Pro target as well. This actually show a similar problem, on a few of the rows - it takes more than 5 tries to read a row (sometimes a lot more than 5). With the table the tests fails after 5 tries of a row, and you have to start all over again.
Took me nearly an hour to measure 2366 patch target for HaHFAB for my 7900. The resulting profile appears to be very good, so I think I'm at least getting the right reading once I successfully read a row. I've tried to isolate possible USB problems. the machine is an Intel Mac running 10.5.5, only USB devices are keyboard, mighty mouse, plugged into an Apple Cinema Display, the profilemaker dongle and a logitech mouse. Removing all of them didn't make any difference.