Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions from LR Trial  (Read 1415 times)

Farkled

Questions from LR Trial
« on: January 01, 2009, 08:26:46 pm »

2 quick questions:

I am running CS3 and LR 2.2.  Going to edit in CS3 results in choices:  Render in LR, Open anyway, Cancel.  I assume render in LR is the correct choice?

Printing:  If I let LR manage color, I get what I think is unconverted ProPhoto.  To let the printer manage color (Epson R1800) I specify a paper profile and go.  Result is incredibly horrible.  If I save file to TIF and let Qimage print (same profile) all is well so this issue is not monitor profile.  Haven't got to the point where that matters yet.  So I assume that I'm missing something important;  could somebody point me to the appropriate reading materials or give some pointers as to where I might be going wrong?

TIA

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Questions from LR Trial
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 08:54:37 pm »

Quote from: Farkled
2 quick questions:

I am running CS3 and LR 2.2.  Going to edit in CS3 results in choices:  Render in LR, Open anyway, Cancel.  I assume render in LR is the correct choice?
Yes. The rendering intent is set under file- preferences.
Can't help you with the printing question.
I create a sub folder called "Edits" and export my photos there first. Then from there I'll edit the original in PS. This gives me my master file as a layered tiff with no more mucking about with importing or synchronising. Then for the photos I want to print, I collapse the layers, softproof and save this layered tiff in a third sub folder called print. Then qimage does the job from there. It allows me to change anything along the line. So after printing a test image, if there is something needing changing in the original, just the bottom layer of the tiff for printing gets replaced. Hope this sounds more logical than perhaps I've explained it, David
Pages: [1]   Go Up