Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ixpress without Data Bank  (Read 8556 times)

abcdefghi_rstuvwxyz

Ixpress without Data Bank
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 12:06:05 pm »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
We are committed to support the older Image Banks and still repair / replace hard drives.  There is a set service charge of €550.

They are proven to be extremely reliable as users here have mentioned.

Best,

David

Good to here that.
Who are you? Do you represent Hasselblad? Which Hasselblad site?
Please show your Hasselblad phone number or any Hasselblad contact method. Thanks a lot.

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 10:41:30 pm »

A to Z, David introduced himself in the following thread, and any Hasselblad dealer/distributor will be able to confirm to you who David Grover is.

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....c=28599&hl=

Re: Ixpress reliability - I shoot primarily with my Ixpress and I take it everywhere. I live in a tropical climate, so when I am outdoors, it is always operating in the hot sun, usually slung over my shoulder. In some shots, the recorded operating temperature inside the Ixpress digital back was 44 degrees Celcius. It has never failed me, and to my knowledge, since I am the 2nd owner, it never failed the first owner either. I think main thing for people to consider is whether they can put up with having a tethered hard disk on their belt or hanging from their shoulder, versus CF storage. The great thing is that I can shoot, shoot shoot and shoot some more, great for when I do walkabout street shooting when I travel abroad.

Re: netbook with Firewire - I did a bit of research on this awhile back, and Kumar and I exchanged some notes about it too. To my knowledge, none of the netbooks have built-in Firewire, not even the 4-pin type. To my knowledge, only the HP MiniNote 2xxx series netbooks have an ExpressCard/34 expansion slot (the smaller sized one), no Firewire. I bought an ExpressCard/34 card with dual 6-pin Firewire 400 ports, but found that it would not power up my Ixpress at all, no power was provided unless you plugged in a separate AC power brick to the Firewire card, which negates it's usefulness. Perhaps a different Firewire ExpressCard might do better, but I do not have that information.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:26:51 pm by shutay »

abcdefghi_rstuvwxyz

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 11:13:03 pm »

Quote from: shutay
A to Z, David introduced himself in the following thread, and any Hasselblad dealer/distributor will be able to confirm to you who David Grover is.

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....c=28599&hl=

Re: Ixpress reliability - I shoot primarily with my Ixpress and I take it everywhere. I live in a tropical climate, so when I am outdoors, it is always operating in the hot sun, usually slung over my shoulder. In some shots, the recorded operating temperature inside the Ixpress digital back was 44 degrees Celcius. It has never failed me, and to my knowledge, since I am the 2nd owner, it never failed the first owner either. I think main thing for people to consider is whether they can put up with having a tethered hard disk on their belt or hanging from their shoulder, versus CF storage. The great thing is that I can shoot, shoot shoot and shoot some more, great for when I do walkabout street shooting when I travel abroad.

Re: netbook with Firewire - I did a bit of research on this awhile back, and Kumar and I exchanged some notes about it too. To my knowledge, none of the netbooks have built-in Firewire, not even the 4-pin type. To my knowledge, only the HP MiniNote 2xxx series netbooks have an ExpressCard/34 expansion slot (the smaller sized one), no Firewire. I bought an ExpressCard/34 dual Firewire card, but found that it did not power up my Ixpress at all, no power was provided unless you plugged in a separate AC power brick to the Firewire card, which negates it's usefulness. Perhaps a different Firewire ExpressCard might do better, but I do not have that information.

Thanks, good to hear so much positive feedback about the data bank. It seems no sense at all to go over the trouble of portable PC.
For people already own the data bank set, I'm sure this would be a great relief than not.

Ok, now I can believe the data bank would be very good, and  the CF version should be even better, perhaps much better.
I think I got a better idea how to balance those faith and the common sense. Thanks a lot.

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 02:50:54 am »

Re: Ixpress reliability - I shoot primarily with my Ixpress and I take it everywhere. I live in a tropical climate, so when I am outdoors, it is always operating in the hot sun, usually slung over my shoulder. In some shots, the recorded operating temperature inside the Ixpress digital back was 44 degrees Celcius. It has never failed me, and to my knowledge, since I am the 2nd owner, it never failed the first owner either.

Any ideas whether they can be upgraded with the new SSD drives? Would make them much more reliable, no?

Re: netbook with Firewire - I did a bit of research on this awhile back, and Kumar and I exchanged some notes about it too. To my knowledge, none of the netbooks have built-in Firewire, not even the 4-pin type. To my knowledge, only the HP MiniNote 2xxx series netbooks have an ExpressCard/34 expansion slot (the smaller sized one), no Firewire. I bought an ExpressCard/34 card with dual 6-pin Firewire 400 ports, but found that it would not power up my Ixpress at all, no power was provided unless you plugged in a separate AC power brick to the Firewire card, which negates it's usefulness. Perhaps a different Firewire ExpressCard might do better, but I do not have that information.

The Lenovo S10 IdeaPad also has the ExpressCard slot. For powering the back, a slim Universal Laptop battery works well. I wish Sinar had kept the CyberKit as an option for their current backs. ImageBank and dedicated tethered computer rolled into one!

Cheers,
Kumar
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:52:47 am by Kumar »

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 03:19:33 am »

Quote from: abcdefghi_rstuvwxyz
Good to here that.
Who are you? Do you represent Hasselblad? Which Hasselblad site?
Please show your Hasselblad phone number or any Hasselblad contact method. Thanks a lot.

http://www.hasselblad.com/about-hasselblad/contact-us.aspx

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up