Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7900 & Sheet Feed Quirk?  (Read 1824 times)

JimGoshorn

7900 & Sheet Feed Quirk?
« on: December 30, 2008, 09:14:29 am »

Just wondering if I am doing something wrong or it is a printer quirk. When I load a sheet of paper (lining it to the left side of the guideline) and click the down button it loads automatically but in the process the paper seems to creep to the right a little putting it just to the right side of the guideline.

Thanks!

Jim

datro

7900 & Sheet Feed Quirk?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:15:28 am »

Quote from: JimGoshorn
Just wondering if I am doing something wrong or it is a printer quirk. When I load a sheet of paper (lining it to the left side of the guideline) and click the down button it loads automatically but in the process the paper seems to creep to the right a little putting it just to the right side of the guideline.

Thanks!

Jim

Sounds like you are loading properly.  I've loaded lots of 8x10s in my 7900 so far and they all load perfectly.  I haven't really looked to see if the paper is shifting any, but the printed images are coming out properly centered.

Dave

Farmer

7900 & Sheet Feed Quirk?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:49:00 pm »

Quote from: JimGoshorn

Thanks!

Jim

It shouldn't really move, assuming you have it straight (and sounds like you do), but that said it shouldn't affect printing at all - it could move a fair bit right and still be fine.
Phil Brown

mrkahn

• http://www.malcolmkahn.com
7900 & Sheet Feed Quirk?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:00:10 pm »

Quote from: Farmer
It shouldn't really move, assuming you have it straight (and sounds like you do), but that said it shouldn't affect printing at all - it could move a fair bit right and still be fine.

I had that problem with my 9900 but it turned out that the paper cover which has the alignment line wasn't totally closed.

By the way, has anyone done a profile for Ilford Gallery Gold Fiber Silk?

Thanks,
Malcolm

JimGoshorn

7900 & Sheet Feed Quirk?
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 09:18:38 am »

After some experimentation, it seems that it's the heavier papers like Hahnemuhle Museum Etching 350 display the problem most. Using 8 1/2 x 11 for profiling purposes. The paper seems to creep to the right about 1/8" when it loads after pressing the down button. I have the suction on maximum because the paper got caught in the printer using the standard suction.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up