Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's that time of year  (Read 2646 times)

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
It's that time of year
« on: December 30, 2008, 07:43:31 am »

I'm afraid I am one of the many who contribute relatively little to this site but benefit in so many ways.  My (current) excuse is because I just don't have the knowledge to contribute at near the level some of you do.

I want to take the opportunity to recognize some of the folks here that have helped me personally.  Although my switch to digital was late (bought a 5D about 2-1/2 years ago), I have learned more about digital photography (and learned so much faster) because of you.

At the risk of leaving out some very important contributors, here's my personal list of folks I'd like to thank, in no particular order:

Bjanes, Panopeeper, Nick Rains, NikosR, Michael, Schewe, Josh-H, BernardLanguillier, AlainBriot, Madmanchan, KeithR, DarkPenguin, 01af, Digitaldog, MarkDS, RobC, jjj, Chrissand, Budjames, John Camp, James Russell, PaulS, Wayne Fox, Dalethorn, Kirk Gittings, GLuijk, Ray, Picnic, Wolfnowl

Each one of you has helped me in countless ways, and you probably don't even know you're doing it.

Thank you.

Dave Chew

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
It's that time of year
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 12:50:16 am »

Thanks, Dave!  I tend to think of the members here as being like an extended family.  Mostly we love each other and try to help each other out, but no family is perfect and sometimes we get into squabbles.  Then we dig out and move on!

Our best wishes for a New Year that brings everyone here as much health, happiness and prosperity as you can handle!

Marcia and Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
It's that time of year
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 03:42:03 pm »

Let me add my thanks, too. Dave's list covers most of my personal "gurus" on LuLa. I would add Chris_T, nniko, Geoff Wittig, Jani, John Koerner, dwdallam, and Jonathan Wienke.
Thank you all, and may 2009 be your very best ever.

Eric M.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
It's that time of year
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 06:33:06 pm »

Yes, great additions.  I've got two more:

EricM (sorry I forgot you the first time!)
Bill_T, who recently helped me directly with a very mundane but important tape mounting problem.

Dave Chew

dalethorn

It's that time of year
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 12:09:27 am »

Thanx for the shout out.  Every year gets better.  Today I played a movie clip made in 1898 on my HTC touchpro cellphone.  Extrapolate from there and imagine where the things we're producing today are going to show up 100 years from now.  Incredible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up