Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Masters 2009  (Read 9100 times)

Professional

Hasselblad Masters 2009
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 10:30:14 pm »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
Can you be an unemployed pro and enter?

I will be so grateful to you if you tell me how to do that, anything just to be called a pro so i can enter.

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Hasselblad Masters 2009
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 11:07:20 pm »

A Pro is someone who makes over 50% of his/her income from photography.
It means that if your total annual income is $5,000 and $2,600 comes from photography you are a Pro.
On the other hand if you make annually $500,000 from photography but your total personal income is over a million you are still an amateur.
My advice is to enter regardless.
Andre

Professional

Hasselblad Masters 2009
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 10:10:09 pm »

What about if i earn about 10% of my annual income from Photography? say if i earn total annual income about $50,000 and my photography income is about $5,000, i am not a pro, or at least semi-pro or even an advanced photographer?

So next year i will enter regardless, and i will make sure next year i will have better photos with my MF.

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Hasselblad Masters 2009
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 10:55:25 pm »

If being a Pro is so important to you and assuming that you can not yet raise more income from photography you can always lower your other income to meet the 50+% requirements. Should not be that difficult in today's economy
Andre
BTW to me you are a pro if you looks like it was done by a pro.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:01:26 pm by AndreNapier »

Professional

Hasselblad Masters 2009
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 05:05:25 am »

In fact i am paid to shoot sports here in my area, but this payment is not so much, also got money from competitions, and soon i may start to give workshops so then i will get paid as well, but in all cases here i can't get more income in photography because people don't pay much here, and i don't want to lower my current job income to reach that 40-50+ income in photography, just i will work hard this year and later on to rise my photography income, but if this will take long time to do then i will missing this Hasselblad Master for years, i talked with someone who is working in Hasselblad company and told him, can't they just open part of the competition for all? there are some non-pro can get amazing and great results better than some pros, he said yeah true, but didn't say anything more, look like he may agree about that but he doesn't want to do it.

Professional

Hasselblad Masters 2009
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2009, 05:06:03 am »

In fact i am paid to shoot sports here in my area, but this payment is not so much, also got money from competitions, and soon i may start to give workshops so then i will get paid as well, but in all cases here i can't get more income in photography because people don't pay much here, and i don't want to lower my current job income to reach that 40-50+ income in photography, just i will work hard this year and later on to rise my photography income, but if this will take long time to do then i will missing this Hasselblad Master for years, i talked with someone who is working in Hasselblad company and told him, can't they just open part of the competition for all? there are some non-pro can get amazing and great results better than some pros, he said yeah true, but didn't say anything more, look like he may agree about that but he doesn't want to do it.

Professional

Hasselblad Masters 2009
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 05:07:33 am »

Oh no, how to delete repeated posts?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up