Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue heron at Bolsa Chica wetlands  (Read 2296 times)

dalethorn

Blue heron at Bolsa Chica wetlands
« on: December 24, 2008, 09:42:54 am »

Apologies for the low quality - I was lucky to get this at all.  The first shots I got approaching the bird had the branch covering the top of the head, so I moved closer and kept shooting until the bird flew off, and this was the last take.  Unfortunately, with the upward angle the top part of the head isn't visible, and the white strip of feathers just under that got lost in the backlighting.

Dave Hall

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:59:28 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
Apologies for the low quality - I was lucky to get this at all.  The first shots I got approaching the bird had the branch covering the top of the head, so I moved closer and kept shooting until the bird flew off, and this was the last take.  Unfortunately, with the upward angle the top part of the head isn't visible, and the white strip of feathers just under that got lost in the backlighting.

Good shot.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 10:01:40 am »

The way the bird is framed by the over-arching branch works really well.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 10:02:23 am by Chairman Bill »

new_haven

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 07:08:58 am »

When I saw your image, I thought of watercolor renderings of wildlife, so I tried to add some more color. As for framing, I just went with something a little different. Anyway, I liked your shot, but just couldn't resist making a few changes. -R

dalethorn

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 11:56:42 am »

Quote from: new_haven
When I saw your image, I thought of watercolor renderings of wildlife, so I tried to add some more color. As for framing, I just went with something a little different. Anyway, I liked your shot, but just couldn't resist making a few changes. -R

Looks really good.  The original was weak on color, due to weak light.  Your framing works better with the branch too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up