Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR Web Module Simpleviewer  (Read 2468 times)

Prismpic

• http://
LR Web Module Simpleviewer
« on: December 23, 2008, 11:31:07 pm »

New to LighRoom2+Web Modules for that matter.

Right now trying to display a SimpleViewer display from LR to my website. This is what I've done so far:

From LR selected the SimpleViewer engine and exported pictures to a file. This generated 2 folders, 1-Images and 1-thumbs plus four additional (xlm, html, jscript, shadow wave). I opened and copied the HTML snippet off the generated XLM and pasted on to website. This is not working. I get a bunch of little boxes with with x's in the middle.

Anybody has experience in this?

francois

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 04:04:28 am »

Quote from: Prismpic

Right now trying to display a SimpleViewer display from LR to my website. This is what I've done so far:

From LR selected the SimpleViewer engine and exported pictures to a file. This generated 2 folders, 1-Images and 1-thumbs plus four additional (xlm, html, jscript, shadow wave). I opened and copied the HTML snippet off the generated XLM and pasted on to website. This is not working. I get a bunch of little boxes with with x's in the middle.

I would NOT copy code from gallery.xml into another page as some of that code in index.html makes reference to it.
However, you'll need to include the generated index.html file (or copy the relevant parts into you page code).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:11:10 am by francois »
Francois

Roy

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 04:55:06 pm »

You must copy all the files and folders (as you said, 2 folders, 1-Images and 1-thumbs, plus four additional (xlm, html, jscript, shadow wave)) to your website. They must all go in the same folder on your site. You need to create a link to the html file generated by simple viewer from your home page.
Roy

Prismpic

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 04:59:44 pm »

Thank you for your replies. This is turning out harder than I thought. Still can't get it to work.

I've imported all generated files into a folder to my website's library and am importing from there the HTML file which comes in as a link itself and presents a nice layout but still with Xs instead of pictures....  no clue what I'm doing now. Been googling and playing for a while.

Can it actually be that hard, must we go to HTML code school for this?

Prismpic

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 10:05:30 pm »

Try and try again and it worked!! What was missing were the actual thumb and images folders! Now how can I forget that. It was hard bringing over the files though the importer would only read the html folder. So, this is what I did.

Minimized the library screens and drag the missing files over. No need to link icons, it's all there. Just publish and voila!  

francois

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:51:32 am »

Try and try again and it worked!! What was missing were the actual thumb and images folders! Now how can I forget that. It was hard bringing over the files though the importer would only read the html folder. So, this is what I did.

Minimized the library screens and drag the missing files over. No need to link icons, it's all there. Just publish and voila!  
Glad to hear that it finally worked.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up