Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Submit Works Safely...?? Contest etc...  (Read 1572 times)

Snook

How to Submit Works Safely...?? Contest etc...
« on: December 22, 2008, 09:48:19 am »

Hello guys, Hope all is well.
I have a question. I am currently working on an exhibition and Thank I have a great Work of art done and wanted to submit it to Various Magazines and or On-line Photo contest etc...
How do you do this with out some one copying your idea and or Ripping off the images to use for themselves and or sell?

Can anybody direct me and others here who may wish to do the same thing...
What is the normal protocol to submit images online?
Does anybody have a list of places Like PDN or AMERICAN PHOTO and How one would go about submitting their work?

I have a great concept that everyone I have shown wants to buy one of my pieces.

My images have to do with recycling and maybe be good for some ECO campaigns and or Contests..
Can some one please send me in the right direction as to How I can get my work shown?

How can I even send an e-mail for example to BIG magazine to show them with out them stealing the idea for example?

Thanks for any comments as I really appreciate the professional advice that comes in here.
Thank you very much

Do I just watermark the hell out of it?

Snook

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
How to Submit Works Safely...?? Contest etc...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:02:33 am »

When submitting images to a contest, be sure you read the fine print of the contest rules first. Some contests are simply scams for the contest holder to acquire unlimited rights to all contest entries for free. Regarding unsolicited magazine submissions, I would only submit watermarked, web-sized versions. There is a fine line between watermarking enough to deter ripoff and watermarking so blatantly that the image is ruined.

As to protecting the idea in the photo (subject matter, composition, etc) there isn't much you can do to stop the magazine or whatever from hiring someone else to go shoot a similar shot, other than sue after the fact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up