Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter weather - pond and sparrow  (Read 2285 times)

dalethorn

Winter weather - pond and sparrow
« on: December 22, 2008, 12:09:43 am »

A couple of images showing winter locked into Northern Ohio.  The sparrow was unexpected, and the accidental framing around the bird was about 95 percent complete - I just pasted in a bit more green to complete the vignette.  It looked like a holiday decoration to me, but that bird was on the ground gathering food when the outdoor temp was about 14 degrees fahrenheit.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 02:06:10 am »

Nice shot!  White-crowned Sparrow, BTW, in case anyone's wondering...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 04:09:05 am »

A nice shot of the Sparrow. Sparrows here in the UK are rather different. We have two species - House Sparrow & Tree Sparrow. These are male & female House Sparrows.
[attachment=10471:male_house_sparrow.jpg] [attachment=10472:female_h..._sparrow.jpg]

Dave Hall

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 08:36:04 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
A couple of images showing winter locked into Northern Ohio.  The sparrow was unexpected, and the accidental framing around the bird was about 95 percent complete - I just pasted in a bit more green to complete the vignette.  It looked like a holiday decoration to me, but that bird was on the ground gathering food when the outdoor temp was about 14 degrees fahrenheit.

I bet he was hungry.
It would make a lovely Christmas card if it were a robin:

dalethorn

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 11:26:27 am »

Quote from: Dave Hall
I bet he was hungry.
It would make a lovely Christmas card if it were a robin:
In spite of the cold temps, there were a couple of robins there. It just happened that they were on the edge of the frames I took, and this sparrow landed in the center. Speaking of Christmas, Jesus is quoted as saying "you are worth many sparrows", which suggests that sparrows had real value, even to the great prophets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up