Sorry people, but I'm really befuddled here. What am I not understanding?
1. First, when I look at the firmware update on the Epson site I see "This file contains the Epson Stylus Pro 7900 Firmware Update version HN00812100. This update improves operation with the SpectroProofer device". I don't see anything about support of 150ml ink cartridges.
2. The Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility program finds teh printer just fine, but when I click the button to acquire the latest information it pops up a dialog that says it can't find it. (My Internet connection works fine).
3. So, I download the update myself and run it, at which point it extracts the file HN00812100.fpg to the appropriate folder on my hard drive.
4. Then I start Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility again and browse to this file. So far so good. I click update.
5. The LCD on the printer indicates it's updating, eventually displays a progressing line of asterisks ****, and then says "Update Complete". Then the printer whirs and buzzes a little before it again displays "Ready".
6. But, the Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility just sits there like it's still updating and eventually says "Update Failed". But the printer works fine.
7. When I got the printer the version was HN0028A, 1.11, A000. Now the version is HN0028C, 1.11, A000. I'd say that's fine, but HN0028C isn't the version indicated by the update (HN00812100). So, what happened?