Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7900 Updated Firmware Available  (Read 9513 times)

datro

Epson 7900 Updated Firmware Available
« on: December 21, 2008, 02:29:40 pm »

Heads up for 7900 owners...new firmware was released on Dec. 19.  You can update the firmware directly without manually downloading (very nifty feature in the "Epson LFP Remote Panel 2" utility program).

Dave

jbm007

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 05:35:32 pm »

Quote from: datro
Heads up for 7900 owners...new firmware was released on Dec. 19.  You can update the firmware directly without manually downloading (very nifty feature in the "Epson LFP Remote Panel 2" utility program).

Dave

Just updated my 7900    took 2 minutes.......sweet.

I love this new firmware update procedure.

Jim

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:16:16 pm »

Interesting ... the firmware update lists the following change ...

Adds support for the use of 150ml ink cartridges.

I hadn't heard this before ... very welcome news for some.

DLC

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:31:06 pm »

Sorry people, but I'm really befuddled here. What am I not understanding?

1. First, when I look at the firmware update on the Epson site I see "This file contains the Epson Stylus Pro 7900 Firmware Update version HN00812100. This update improves operation with the SpectroProofer device". I don't see anything about support of 150ml ink cartridges.

2. The Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility program finds teh printer just fine, but when I click the button to acquire the latest information it pops up a dialog that says it can't find it. (My Internet connection works fine).

3. So, I download the update myself and run it, at which point it extracts the file HN00812100.fpg to the appropriate folder on my hard drive.

4. Then I start Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility again and browse to this file. So far so good. I click update.

5. The LCD on the printer indicates it's updating, eventually displays a progressing line of asterisks ****, and then says "Update Complete". Then the printer whirs and buzzes a little before it again displays "Ready".

6. But, the Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility just sits there like it's still updating and eventually says "Update Failed". But the printer works fine.

7. When I got the printer the version was HN0028A, 1.11, A000. Now the version is HN0028C, 1.11, A000. I'd say that's fine, but HN0028C isn't the version indicated by the update (HN00812100). So, what happened?

mrkahn

• http://www.malcolmkahn.com
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 10:00:52 pm »

I had the exact same thing happen.  I just assumed that it was a name change.  Let me know if you find differently.

Thanks,
Malcolm

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 10:55:31 pm »

Quote from: DLC

1. First, when I look at the firmware update on the Epson site I see "This file contains the Epson Stylus Pro 7900 Firmware Update version HN00812100. This update improves operation with the SpectroProofer device". I don't see anything about support of 150ml ink cartridges.

2. The Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility program finds teh printer just fine, but when I click the button to acquire the latest information it pops up a dialog that says it can't find it. (My Internet connection works fine).

3. So, I download the update myself and run it, at which point it extracts the file HN00812100.fpg to the appropriate folder on my hard drive.

4. Then I start Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility again and browse to this file. So far so good. I click update.

5. The LCD on the printer indicates it's updating, eventually displays a progressing line of asterisks ****, and then says "Update Complete". Then the printer whirs and buzzes a little before it again displays "Ready".

6. But, the Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility just sits there like it's still updating and eventually says "Update Failed". But the printer works fine.

7. When I got the printer the version was HN0028A, 1.11, A000. Now the version is HN0028C, 1.11, A000. I'd say that's fine, but HN0028C isn't the version indicated by the update (HN00812100). So, what happened?

Mine worked fine from the remote panel utility, but I can remember one step didn't seem very intuitive.  I don't recall which step though.

Here's the link available from this update, when using the auto firmware update.  You are right however, it appears the update for 150ml cartridges is from a previous update,not this one.  I wasn't aware that 150ml cartridges were an option, wondering if this is just for the starter cartridges and they won't be available for purchase ... which would be somewhat disappointing.

So my apologies for adding some possibly useless info to this thread.  

http://a1227.g.akamai.net/f/1227/40484/1d/...tion%20file.htm

I assume it will still work, if not, here is the copy/paste of the text from that link

Product: Stylus Pro 7900
Latest Version: HN00812100
File Name: HN00812100.fpg
Size: 4.21MB

Current Update:
This firmware file improves the overall printer operation when using the SpectroProofer device.

Previous Updates:
Corrects a possible paper handling issue when using Enhanced Adhesive Synthetic paper or Enhanced Synthetic paper.
Adds support for the use of 150ml ink cartridges.

mrkahn

• http://www.malcolmkahn.com
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 09:03:11 am »

What version does the printer give you from the printers front pannel?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:03:46 am by mrkahn »

awsstudios

• http://
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 12:12:22 pm »

Quote from: DLC

dito, I had the same exact thing happen. I ended up having to force quite the firmware updater. the firmware update seemed to go through and updated the printer just fine. i have a 9900 with mac osx 10.6 on MBP
-andrew

DLC

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 08:54:50 pm »

Quote from: mrkahn
What version does the printer give you from the printers front pannel?

Thanks

Version from the printer's front panel is HN0028C, 1.11, A000. It was originally HN0028A, 1.11, A000. Epson tech support says HN0028C, 1.11, A000 is indeed the latest version, so the printer did update. They have no idea why the Epson LFP Remote Panel 2 utility behaves this way, but it is repeatable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up