Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR2 Suddenly Printing Pink-Purple  (Read 2533 times)

simdoc1

LR2 Suddenly Printing Pink-Purple
« on: December 20, 2008, 06:46:07 pm »

I have also posted this on the Adobe LR Forum but I am desperate for some idea of what to do.  I have loved printing from LR2 and benefited greatly from Michael and Jeff's Guide to LR2. I've gotten sharp vivid prints - better than anything I've gotten out of PS CS3; however, with the upgrade to 2.2 from 2.1, my prints have suddenly acquired a pink or purple cast. I have tried to print images which I have previously printed successfully using LR2 and they are hideous!!

I am using on an Intel iMac running OS X 10.4.11 (8S2167). I routinely print on Epson Ultra Premium Luster on an Epson 2200 using Epson's ICC paper profiles with perceptual rendering. Printer is set to Advanced Settings at 1440dpi with High Speed off and Color Management off. These settings have been working like a charm for months and now, suddenly, I've got completely unusable printed output. (Note: If I call for a preview from the printer dialog before printing, the preview clearly shows the same pink-purple shift which is produced on the prints but the image on the LR2 print screen itself looks normal. When I print, I get an image similar to that seen in the preview.) I've attached a very small file from the Preview function just to give you an idea of what's happening.[attachment=10441:Preview_...08.nef__.jpg]

This is a brand new problem that seems to have appeared out of nowhere. I would very much appreciate some assistance with this!!

Thanks for your help!!

James R

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:26:49 pm »

Quote from: simdoc1
I have also posted this on the Adobe LR Forum but I am desperate for some idea of what to do.  I have loved printing from LR2 and benefited greatly from Michael and Jeff's Guide to LR2. I've gotten sharp vivid prints - better than anything I've gotten out of PS CS3; however, with the upgrade to 2.2 from 2.1, my prints have suddenly acquired a pink or purple cast. I have tried to print images which I have previously printed successfully using LR2 and they are hideous!!

I am using on an Intel iMac running OS X 10.4.11 (8S2167). I routinely print on Epson Ultra Premium Luster on an Epson 2200 using Epson's ICC paper profiles with perceptual rendering. Printer is set to Advanced Settings at 1440dpi with High Speed off and Color Management off. These settings have been working like a charm for months and now, suddenly, I've got completely unusable printed output. (Note: If I call for a preview from the printer dialog before printing, the preview clearly shows the same pink-purple shift which is produced on the prints but the image on the LR2 print screen itself looks normal. When I print, I get an image similar to that seen in the preview.) I've attached a very small file from the Preview function just to give you an idea of what's happening.[attachment=10441:Preview_...08.nef__.jpg]

This is a brand new problem that seems to have appeared out of nowhere. I would very much appreciate some assistance with this!!

Thanks for your help!!

Do you have the same problem printing from CS 3 or 4?  If it doesn't work in CS, then it might be a printer issue.   Also, check to see if your Mac print setting is set to no color management.  I've had that setting change on me for reasons I don't know (probably user error  ).  

simdoc1

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:28:55 pm »

Quote from: James R
Do you have the same problem printing from CS 3 or 4?  If it doesn't work in CS, then it might be a printer issue.   Also, check to see if your Mac print setting is set to no color management.  I've had that setting change on me for reasons I don't know (probably user error  ).
Thanks for the suggestion. My CS3 prints also have a purple tinge that's new (although not as dramatic as the LR2 changes.) When you say to check the "Mac Print setting", what exactly do you mean??

Richowens

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 10:13:34 pm »

Have you done a nozzle check? Your sample looks like a lack of cyan.

Rich

simdoc1

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 10:56:44 pm »

Quote from: Richowens
Have you done a nozzle check? Your sample looks like a lack of cyan.

Rich
I did do a nozzle check and both cyan and light cyan look fine.

Farmer

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 11:06:57 pm »

Quote from: simdoc1
I did do a nozzle check and both cyan and light cyan look fine.

Since you're seeing the colour issue in Print Preview, it's not the printer itself (although never a bad idea to check the nozzles).

Print Preview in the driver is not colour managed, though.  I'd be tempted to delete the driver and reinstall it, and then double check your workflow, but at a guess, something is wrong in the driver setting and it's being double colour managed.
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up