Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phocus 1.1.2 Mac & Phocus 1.0.1 Windows  (Read 5541 times)

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
Phocus 1.1.2 Mac & Phocus 1.0.1 Windows
« on: December 19, 2008, 10:54:58 am »

Phocus 1.1.2 Mac - bugfix version

Highlights of issues fixed:
- Crash issue that could occur during tethered capture with H3DII-50 in portrait mode.
- Issues with RGB readout when in full screen mode.
- Handling of ColorSync profiles when being a non-admin or working with multiple users.
- Issues with color handling, when dragging the viewer between more monitors.
- Improved stability when running in 32-bit mode on first generation Intel Mac's.

Phocus 1.0.1 Windows - bugfix version

Highlights of issues fixed:
- Color rendering when working with an icc calibrated monitor.
- Distribution of light in the histogram R,G,B channels are now correct.
- Issues with exporting to DNG have been fixed.
- Color wheel lightness now active.
- Set path to active capture destination when importing files.

For a complete list of fixes and added features, please read the Phocus read-me file.

To download Phocus directly from this message, click this link: Download Phocus

For an easy overview of the basic features of Phocus, please see our video tutorials available at this link: Watch video tutorials

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

VanKou

• http://www.vankou.com
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 02:47:35 pm »

Did you fix the issue with the default approval level for the PC version?  No matter what we specify as the default approval level, it is always green.  There is even a typo in the relevant menu item.  This is a productivity killer.
Someone suggested that we change the default level in the back, but I have an old V96C back and I am not sure if this can be done.
VanKou

capital

• Website
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 04:43:51 am »

Hi Paul,

I just tried running Phocus 1.0.1 Windows on my machine on a .3FR file, while I can see the thumbnail, the "imported" version fails to render properly.

I'm using a Pentium 4, 1GB RAM,  128 MB ATI Radeon 9600 Video Card running on Windows XP 32 Bit.

I've attached a screen capture, depicting the nature of the issue.

I've installed the .NET2.0, DirectX and the KB915865 Update files as requested in the readme file.

Thanks for your assistance.

[attachment=10424:phocus_w..._1_error.JPG]

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:44:06 am »

Quote from: capital
Hi Paul,

I just tried running Phocus 1.0.1 Windows on my machine on a .3FR file, while I can see the thumbnail, the "imported" version fails to render properly.

I'm using a Pentium 4, 1GB RAM,  128 MB ATI Radeon 9600 Video Card running on Windows XP 32 Bit.

I've installed the .NET2.0, DirectX and the KB915865 Update files as requested in the readme file.

Just a shot in the dark, is the "Render medium resolution image on graphic adapter" checked or unchecked in the Preferences window? Does changing this and reloading the image help? Again, just a shot in the dark. Good luck.

I also notice that you're zoomed to 100% - perhaps this is an issue? Does the image display correctly at a lower %'age?

Kind regards,
Derek
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 06:37:59 am by jecxz »

capital

• Website
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 06:56:44 am »

Quote from: jecxz
Just a shot in the dark, is the "Render medium resolution image on graphic adapter" checked or unchecked in the Preferences window? Does changing this and reloading the image help? Again, just a shot in the dark. Good luck.

I also notice that you're zoomed to 100% - perhaps this is an issue? Does the image display correctly at a lower %'age?

Kind regards,
Derek

Derek,

Unfortunately, the "imported" images are completely invisible at lower zoom percentages, i.e. the image is completely white, or completely black. And at 100% or greater zoom, the image appears to be corrupted, i.e. the image has a green cast as well as being malformed. The image I uploaded, you can see the horizontal and vertical lines in the "imported" file, yet those are artifacts of the phocus 1.0.1 and not the actual image.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:02:17 am by capital »

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 08:30:54 am »

Derek,

Unfortunately, the "imported" images are completely invisible at lower zoom percentages, i.e. the image is completely white, or completely black. And at 100% or greater zoom, the image appears to be corrupted, i.e. the image has a green cast as well as being malformed. The image I uploaded, you can see the horizontal and vertical lines in the "imported" file, yet those are artifacts of the phocus 1.0.1 and not the actual image.
I see it. Do you have Flexcolor? I would download it if you don't, just to confirm whether this is a phocus issue or an image corruption issue. I have been using Phocus PC for many months now (before the offical release) and I not seen anything like this. This is the only reason why I ask.

Please note: I am not a CHPT (Certified Hasselblad Phocus Technician), and I should not be providing tech support.

Kind regards,
Derek
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 08:51:27 am by jecxz »

capital

• Website
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 02:48:34 pm »

Quote from: jecxz
I see it. Do you have Flexcolor? I would download it if you don't, just to confirm whether this is a phocus issue or an image corruption issue. I have been using Phocus PC for many months now (before the offical release) and I not seen anything like this. This is the only reason why I ask.

Please note: I am not a CHPT (Certified Hasselblad Phocus Technician), and I should not be providing tech support.

Kind regards,
Derek

I've used Flexcolor in the past. This is a Phocus issue. I am hoping to switch to phocus, as it may provide better raw processing.

pprachun

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 07:12:56 pm »

On both Phocus (Windows) 1.0 and again in version 1.0.1 I am unable to change the "Output Preview".  'Dimensions' remains at 0 x 0, 'Size' is always at 0 MB, and I'm unable to even change the units from pixels to either inches or centimeters.  Am I missing something here?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:18:32 pm by pprachun »
Paul Prachun

BobDavid

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 09:08:27 pm »

I find that the latest version of Flexcolor runs a lot more efficiently on my PC than Phocus 1.01. Is the raw converter in Phocus appreciably better than Flexcolor's?

vandevanterSH

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 09:40:04 pm »

I find that the latest version of Flexcolor runs a lot more efficiently on my PC than Phocus 1.01.
I had the same problem with my Mac until I upgraded the GC.

Steve

montero4

• http://foodportraits.com
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 09:52:56 pm »

This happened to me too, exactly what your screen shot shows. I upgraded my graphic card to 1gb card (pretty cheap - less than $100) and it was fine. I think the minimum requirement on the graphic card is higher than 128mb.

Regards,
Jonah
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:53:37 pm by montero4 »
Jonah Calinawan
[url=http://foodportrait

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 09:22:35 am »

Hi Paul,

I think part of the issue is the computer configuration.

The minimum requirement for the graphics card is 256Mb of video RAM.

2GB Ram is really the minimum for Phocus and 4GB or more is best.

Paul

Paul Claesson
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

capital

• Website
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 01:33:17 am »

Paul & Jonah,

Thank you for your respective replies. I shall try Phocus on an alternate computer as soon as its back from repair to see if a more modern video card solves the issue.

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 07:34:34 am »

Paul & Jonah,

Thank you for your respective replies. I shall try Phocus on an alternate computer as soon as its back from repair to see if a more modern video card solves the issue.

The Radeon 9600 card is not recommended and is not DirectX 9.0C compatible.
128Mb ram is in addition below our recommendations.

I will be interested to know your experience on your other computer.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Paul Claesson
800-367-6434 x303

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 08:08:43 am »

Quote from: BobDavid
I find that the latest version of Flexcolor runs a lot more efficiently on my PC than Phocus 1.01. Is the raw converter in Phocus appreciably better than Flexcolor's?

The raw converter in Phocus is to my knowledge no better than in Flexcolor. I think that we have better GUI and improved functions and integration in Phocus and Hasselblad will continue to improve on this. Those who have used Hasselblad Flexcolor in the past know of the frequency of updates that we provide through the course of a year, the same will hold true for Phocus both in Windows and Mac versions.

Paul Claesson
800-367-6434 x303

Pages: [1]   Go Up