Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raw Developper 1.8.2 released  (Read 6842 times)

jjlphoto

Raw Developper 1.8.2 released
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 12:53:15 pm »

I've been testing with Raw Developer. Very nice. Almost to much control! The main issue I have, is that when shooting tethered using Canon EOS Utility to fire the camera, I can't merely refresh the Raw Developer window after exposure to get the thumnail to show up. I need to go to the Raw Developer menu bar and manually reselect the File>>Open. Also, after doing that, the thumbnail window jumps to the other end of the row of thumbs making me need to scroll back across them all to view the current capture.

I have tried using PhaseOne COPro v3.7.9 with a 1DsMKIII. PhaseOne COPro v3.7.9 supports 1DsMKIII files, but not tethering. I use the same EOS Utility to shoot, and all I need to do is refresh the PhaseOne window with a mouse click, and the current image pops right up.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:54:44 pm by jjlphoto »
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

deon

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 03:37:13 am »

Quote from: BernardLanguillier
http://www.iridientdigital.com/
Cheers,
Bernard

- i just wanted to say re. RD - i can't speak for tethered shooting, but for editing raw files from the 900 i think it is brilliant, there is so much control with the multitude of curves, subtle sharpening, noise reduction, and everything else, that for me it is unlike any other  - i don't like the supplied input curve at all, but well - don't need it? then change it
. . . it is a very flexible pgm for making pictures, so i like it

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 09:36:21 am »

Quote from: deon
. . . i don't like the supplied input curve at all . . .
Yes, it's a great program. I'd also suggest using a custom made profile for your camera. I used ColorEyes 20-20 and am getting very accurate color reproduction. The one thing I want from this program is a better file browser. The single row or column of thumbnails doesn't show enough thumbs, IMO. I also wish the thumbs would update their color with the raw file.
~ CB

alba63

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 01:47:06 pm »

Quote from: Chris_Brown
I'd also suggest using a custom made profile for your camera. I used ColorEyes 20-20 and am getting very accurate color reproduction. The one thing I want from this program is a better file browser. The single row or column of thumbnails doesn't show enough thumbs, IMO. I also wish the thumbs would update their color with the raw file.

I only can agree with the praise for this application. Best RAW converter I ever used, at least for Canon 5d files (for Fuji S3/ S5 files I prefer Lightroom). The output is looking natural and great. However I almost exclusively work with my own modified presets. I hav ebuilt a dozen or so for different looks - and yes I also changed the input curve - the default curves are generally too steep on the bright side.

However I am not understanding how to get a specific camera profile for RAW developer and at what stage to use it - sorry for my ignorance.

As for the file browser, I never use it. I use the OS-X finder in the thumbnail mode and just drag and drop it on the Raw Developer thumb in the dock, or I do the same thing from Lightroom. Works every time and I don't have to get around RD's limitations.

Bernie
Pages: [1]   Go Up