Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Dalsa 48 Megapixel sensor  (Read 20420 times)

Carsten W

New Dalsa 48 Megapixel sensor
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 06:50:34 pm »

Quote from: froesner
And you carstenw, are you Canadian?

British-Canadian, to be more exact. I also graduated from the University of Waterloo and DALSA is a hi-tech spin-off of that university. I just thought it was bizarre to see the Dutch address posted, when the company was founded and is headquartered in Waterloo. Btw, I am sure that the Dutch guys are doing great work, that is not my point here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:53:10 pm by carstenw »
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

froesner

• http://images.luiroq.com
New Dalsa 48 Megapixel sensor
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 06:53:31 pm »

Quote from: carstenw
British-Canadian, to be more exact. I also graduated from the University of Waterloo and DALSA is a hi-tech spin-off of that university. I just thought it was bizarre to see the Dutch address posted, when the company was founded and is headquartered in Waterloo.

I give up

nevermind

/F

BJL

Re: New Dalsa 48 Megapixel sensor
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 02:36:15 pm »

I wonder who will be first to use this sensor? Leaf, Sinar, Phase or the ZD back?
Denis
Pardon me waking up a thread for 2008, but it seems we now have an answer! Sinar, in the Sinarback eVolution86 H:
See the News tab at http://www.capturescanprint.com/
The spec's match only this sensor, not the similar Kodak 50MP one.

MrSmith

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 06:42:53 pm »

it's only taken 2 years to get into a production medium format back. or do we wait another 2 years from the press release?
 ::)

rhsu

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 08:53:42 pm »

It works with microlenses. Unusable with tilt-shift lenses or with technical cameras.

PdF

These are 2nd gen micolenses - user friendly with t/s and tech camera - esp wide angle.  (I had the same impressions as you until I read info on Dalsa new microlenses.)   Leave it to us Canadians knowhow... :p  Question now is pixel diffraction w/ 6 micron on a HR23 or HR28 with the full size sensor.  40mm is fine and even 35mm, but would be interesting to find out more when the 48mp hits the road.

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 08:59:19 pm »

These are 2nd gen micolenses - user friendly with t/s and tech camera - esp wide angle.  (I had the same impressions as you until I read info on Dalsa new microlenses.)   Leave it to us Canadians knowhow... :p 

I need to see it to believe it.

rhsu

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 08:00:44 am »

I need to see it to believe it.

CI tested the P40+ (which has the new WA microlenses) on Cambo on t/s HR40 and confirmed that it is fine and perfect!  I wanted to believe them so I got a hold of a P40+ and played with it myself on HR28mm and t/s HR40.  CI was right.  But that was not full frame sensor - it is much smaller) so there was no issue with "softness" at the edge of the image frame.  But the t/s "seems" to work well with the P40+.  But then again, I have NOT had a DB that worked well with my outdoor tech cameras for the last 3 yrs!  lol... ;D

Someone is going to Cologne to test the new HR32 with the Sinar 48mp - of course via the arTec.  I am also curious how it all plays out "when the rubber hits the road".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up