Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 2.2......Didn't fix the brush bug....just added more  (Read 2343 times)

One Horse Studio

LR 2.2......Didn't fix the brush bug....just added more
« on: December 17, 2008, 07:13:36 pm »

I am running a 2.66 ghz MacPro with 8 gbs. of ram, a 500 gb boot disk,a 1 tb working disk. OS 10.5.6
Did a clean install of LR 2. Right off the bat the adjustment brush would work for about two or three
strokes and then would progressively get slower until it wouldn't work at all. I would have to reboot
to get it to function.
Called Adobe.......oh! I was told it was a bug they new about after about an hour of trouble shooting.
I was told that it was going to be fixed in the next release.....it wasn't in 2.1.......and guess what. It's
not fixed in 2.2 either. Now I have trouble just getting the brush to function at all.
I must say that I am really disappointed in Adobe and in the quality of this product.

Nick Rains

• http://www.nickrains.com
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:17:46 pm »

Quote from: One Horse Studio
I am running a 2.66 ghz MacPro with 8 gbs. of ram, a 500 gb boot disk,a 1 tb working disk. OS 10.5.6
Did a clean install of LR 2. Right off the bat the adjustment brush would work for about two or three
strokes and then would progressively get slower until it wouldn't work at all. I would have to reboot
to get it to function.
Called Adobe.......oh! I was told it was a bug they new about after about an hour of trouble shooting.
I was told that it was going to be fixed in the next release.....it wasn't in 2.1.......and guess what. It's
not fixed in 2.2 either. Now I have trouble just getting the brush to function at all.
I must say that I am really disappointed in Adobe and in the quality of this product.
Do you think it has anything to do with the 10.5.6 update? I have a MacBook running 10.5.5 and LR2.2, and the adjustment brush works fine - no significant delays and certainly no reboot required.
Nick Rains
Australian Photographer Leica

francois

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 04:08:51 am »

Quote from: Nick Rains
Do you think it has anything to do with the 10.5.6 update? I have a MacBook running 10.5.5 and LR2.2, and the adjustment brush works fine - no significant delays and certainly no reboot required.
Nick,
I updated both Lightroom (2.2) and Mac OS X (10.5.6) and didn't find any slowdown while using the adjustment brush. I noticed that on an old G5, the brush seems snappier. Since updating, I didn't notice anything special on my MB...
Francois

One Horse Studio

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 01:55:14 pm »

Actually when the brush works, it works better in 10.5.6. I believe that was one
of the fixes in 10.5.6......improved performance with some Adobe apps.

Greg....

James R

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 04:40:17 pm »

Just upgrade to 10..5.5.6 on my MacBook Pro and the brush works fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up