Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driver settings for Epson R1800  (Read 1564 times)

allenbirnbach

Driver settings for Epson R1800
« on: December 17, 2008, 07:05:29 pm »

I'm trying out some new papers to use for portfolios, and the criteria is that the paper be double sided.  I've got some samples of a couple of Inkjetart papers (luster duo, duo brite matte), Inkpress Luster Duo and Moab Lasal Photo Matte 235.  I have found, and loaded the icc profiles, and they show up in CS3 dialog box. The problem is the final step in the Epson drive, figuring out how to configure the settings, i.e. high speed on or off, Best photo or Photo RPM. gloss on or off.  I'm not finding info on the company websites with that information.  Any suggestions either for the specifics or where to find them are appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:06:07 pm by allenbirnbach »

Alistair

Driver settings for Epson R1800
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 05:34:49 am »

Quote from: allenbirnbach
I'm trying out some new papers to use for portfolios, and the criteria is that the paper be double sided.  I've got some samples of a couple of Inkjetart papers (luster duo, duo brite matte), Inkpress Luster Duo and Moab Lasal Photo Matte 235.  I have found, and loaded the icc profiles, and they show up in CS3 dialog box. The problem is the final step in the Epson drive, figuring out how to configure the settings, i.e. high speed on or off, Best photo or Photo RPM. gloss on or off.  I'm not finding info on the company websites with that information.  Any suggestions either for the specifics or where to find them are appreciated.

Try this for a start:
Hit the advanced button. Then down the LH side:
-Take the paper description that best suits the paper you are using (e.g. premium lustre or premium photo for your LusterDuo) and paper feed options to suit
-Take Best Photo (subsequently try the other two to see which works best with the profile you are using)
-If you have the option for gloss on your paper type, take it (will not be available on matt papers, but does help with bronzing and gloss differential). Use Auto to gloss to the margin or Full to gloss to the edge of the paper
-Uncheck High Speed
On the RH side:
-Take ICM
-Check Off (no color adjustment)

That is a good starting point. You can also do a test print with Photo and Photo RPM to see if this suits the profiles you are using. You can also experiment with the paper types to see if there is a discernable difference between the matt options or the luster/semi-gloss option. Paper type selected determines whether matt black or photo black is used so you cannot experiment between matt and luster/semi/gloss but you can experiment within photo black papers and within matt black papers. There may be a difference in ink loading between the paper types within the pk and within mk.

Good luck!

regards

Alistair

Alistair
Pages: [1]   Go Up