Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 11880 Auto Roll Take-Up Reel won't work  (Read 5634 times)

huehnerhose

Epson 11880 Auto Roll Take-Up Reel won't work
« on: December 17, 2008, 11:14:56 am »

Hi!

This is my first post since all my other questions were answered by using "Search" - and the resulting trouble with HP-Europe(Germany) Support "knowing nothing" regarding the starwheel-problem...

This time i didn't find anything:
My problem is the auto roll take-up reel of the Epson 11880 - it simply won't work.

We got the 11880 installed last week and the printing speed and colors are amazing - espacially the reds. But printing long prints won't make fun if you always have to stay there and roll it manualy.
I read the manual regarding the auto roll thing and followed the steps, i found a page by Epson that said i have to have the newest firmware - which i already had installed (F0207B). The green/orange indicators work right (as discripted by epson), both are shining with no paper between, only green when paper cuts the beam. The green light on input menu, saying "auto forward" is on, I chose "roll paper - don't cut". When the printer doesn't print and I hold the "manual forward" button pressed, the printer advances the paper and roll the auto roll, too. But it doesn't work while printing at all - I'm really frustrated.

Thanks for answers so far,
Greetings
Sebastian

P.S.: The auto roll rolled just one time by finishing the print and advance the finished paper.

Doombrain

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:34:18 am »

you need to wait. there's a time out on the take up, it won't run as the job comes out. just make sure auto cut is off in the driver, cut is off on the panel and it'll work.

kaimaui

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 06:51:27 pm »

Quote from: huehnerhose
Hi!

This is my first post since all my other questions were answered by using "Search" - and the resulting trouble with HP-Europe(Germany) Support "knowing nothing" regarding the starwheel-problem...

This time i didn't find anything:
My problem is the auto roll take-up reel of the Epson 11880 - it simply won't work.

We got the 11880 installed last week and the printing speed and colors are amazing - espacially the reds. But printing long prints won't make fun if you always have to stay there and roll it manualy.
I read the manual regarding the auto roll thing and followed the steps, i found a page by Epson that said i have to have the newest firmware - which i already had installed (F0207B). The green/orange indicators work right (as discripted by epson), both are shining with no paper between, only green when paper cuts the beam. The green light on input menu, saying "auto forward" is on, I chose "roll paper - don't cut". When the printer doesn't print and I hold the "manual forward" button pressed, the printer advances the paper and roll the auto roll, too. But it doesn't work while printing at all - I'm really frustrated.

Thanks for answers so far,
Greetings
Sebastian

P.S.: The auto roll rolled just one time by finishing the print and advance the finished paper.

I have the same problems. did you get this figured out?
Thanks
KAI

Jeff Phillips

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 08:23:17 am »

Quote from: Doombrain
you need to wait. there's a time out on the take up, it won't run as the job comes out. just make sure auto cut is off in the driver, cut is off on the panel and it'll work.

Doombrain is right.  The take reel does not wind in time with the printing action but in spurts after a goodly amount of paper is played out.  It then stops and waits for more paper to be played out before taking up some more.  I thought ours was broken until I realized what was going on.  Let us know if patients works or not...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:24:32 am by Jeff Phillips »
See my photos at: [url=http://www.fredmi

kaimaui

• http://
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 01:01:26 am »

Quote from: Jeff Phillips
Doombrain is right.  The take reel does not wind in time with the printing action but in spurts after a goodly amount of paper is played out.  It then stops and waits for more paper to be played out before taking up some more.  I thought ours was broken until I realized what was going on.  Let us know if patients works or not...

in my case it it will keep feeding it onto the floor like 6 feet of material
Any suggestions.

another question.
Does anybody no how to calibrate the print length. On a 60" print length i end up short a 1/4"

thanks

KAI
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:18:56 am by kaimaui »
Pages: [1]   Go Up